Chapter 31

I woke up with my head really heavy. I looked around, I was on a queen sized bed inside a luxurious room.  The two large windows were covered by pink ruffled curtains. There was a chandelier hanging down the ceiling and a fireplace across the bed.

I tried to remember what happened last night.  Blake brought me to a bar and I got drunk, for the first time then we went to the alley and everything went black.  How could he do this to me?

I sat up and I realized that my head hurts a lot, so this is how hangover feels like.  I saw that my clothes were changed into soft silk sleepwear.  I'm receiving a royal treatment while locked up in this house?

I went to do my morning routine, the things here are all new and clean.  I went out of the comfort room using the soft pink bathrobe that was hung on the handle.  I went out and saw clothes that were laid neatly on the bed.  I picked the clothes up, it was a loose v-necked blouse and a pair of Levi's jeans.  I put them on and reached for the doorknob.

A button suddenly appeared beside the knob, "If you are looking for breakfast, PRESS this button."  I looked at it skeptically and pressed it.

The wall suddenly separated, creating a way for a tray to pass.  Restaurant bells rang and a breakfast meal came.  The meal comes with bacon and eggs and a cup of french vanilla, my favorite.

I was munching my bacon when a cute guy was pushed inside.  He looked so horrible, messy and tired.

"What happened to you?" I asked, horrified.

"I got kidnapped by some sort of dark cloaked men." he scratched his head.

"Oh, me too. Except mine in a different case. In case you need to use the bathroom, it's just there." I pointed the door at the opposite side and continued chewing.

He went in to fix himself up, after a few minutes, he came out and he looks dashing.

"Woah." I said softly.

"I'm Wayne." he took out his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Maureen." I shook his hand and shoved the other into my pocket.

I put the tray in the hallway and the wall began to swallow it in and close the gap.  I saw Wayne staring at it, surprised, "Cool."

"So, how were you kidnapped?" I asked, sitting crossed legged on the bed.

"Well, I was walking down the road then I felt people in dark cloak stalking me. I thought that it was some kind of trick then suddenly, they grabbed me and threw me into this sort of van. Your turn." he grabbed a chair.

"Blake, someone that I met at the airport, dated me and brought me to a bar then poof, he drugged me." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh. That's why you shouldn't trust strangers." he mumbled.

"How would I supposed to know that he's a bad guy?!" I screamed.

"Woah, calm down. I have an idea." sweat trickled down his neck.

I nodded.  He showed me some kind of ancient keys.  My eyes glimmered, "How did you?"  I tried to grab it.  "Woah. We need a plan." he moved it away.

Plan.  I hate planning but I guess I have to deal with this.  Wayne sat beside me and laid a large paper on the bed.  He put out a pen and started drawing.  I tried to understand it but I couldn't.  I saw he draw something really unusual.

A skull.

-Maureen Martinez, 19 years old