Chapter 27

I was back at my office, I saw that my co-workers were still there, telling stories.  I put my coat on my chair and joined their conversation.

"So, what happened?" Francine, one of my colleague asked, her gun was placed beside her computer.

"I don't really know, Blake asked me to buy some steaks for the girls but I think they're planning to get the girls by this week." I explained.

-----Few weeks ago-----

"Guys! New case!" Our boss, Mike walked in.

We all turned our attention to him.

"Another girl was found dead on an abandoned alley. No witnesses. She was drugged, raped and stabbed 14 times. Gruesome."

"That's already the fourth girl. Why can't we get the pattern?" Francine said frustrated.

"The first one was a middle-aged woman, in her mid-thirties I guess. She was drown somewhere else and thrown in the incinirator. The second one was also a woman, a teen, she was stripped down to her underwear and thrown into the lake.  The third one's like the fourth, except she was choked first before stabbing. Commonalities? They're all girls and foreigners. I checked their background, two of them are rich, the other one's a prostitute." I analyzed.

"And I bet there's a mastermind and he distributes it to different groups of guys, probably teens or maybe college students." Griffin said, pointing his pen to his chin.

"That's it and maybe the boss ordered one of them to wait at the airport or some tourist spot." Mallory snapped.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay! Call the other policemen, meeting!" Mike clapped his hands.

"Yes sir." Griffin dialed something on the phone.

The policemen and policewomen were crowded in the conference room, some of them were taking down notes.  Griffin explained the kinds of suspects we suspected.

"Don't you think it'll be good to have an undercover?" an officer raised his hand.

"Good idea." Jennifer, also one of our colleagues said.

"Hey, Hanzel, do you think you can?" Francine asked turning to me.

"Uh..I'm not so sure." I said, tensed, I wasn't expecting her to let me do the job because I'm just new.

"Oh, Hanzel, be more confident. I'll give you that part." she patted my back.

Oh gosh then she gave me a very thick folder full of requirements.  Reading time.

-----Back to the present-----

"Oh no! I remember Blake acting really wicked a while ago! Maybe he's planning to get them one by one!" I jumped.

"Where do you think he'll bring her?" Mallory asked.

"His house? Nah, his mother is there unless if his mother is a part of this. Or maybe a park?"

"Impossible. Who do you think he'll get first?" Francine was taking down notes.

"It could be Maureen or Tiffany but Maureen's more like a party girl."

"Party girl so maybe he took her to a bar."

"Good thinking."

"Hey, Jennifer, can you check out all the bars in Dublin?"

"Sure." Jennifer clicked away.

"There's a long list here." she said, adjusting her eyeglasses.

"Dang, I should've put a tracker on his car." I said, angry at myself for not doing so.

"I doubt that Blake would be there tomorrow, he'll probably work with Maureen first. You better warn the others." Griffin took a sip on his hot chocolate.

"The guys might suspect me." I said.

"Yeah, go to their hotel room!" Jennifer shouted.

"No way."

"Hey, that's the only way."

"We'll wait until tomorrow, we need to know what the other's are up to. We need the information, do your best Hanzel." Mallory said professionally.

I just nodded disappointedly.

-Hanzel Scott, 26 years old