Chapter 38

Hanzel hugged me, how?  Why?  He released me from the comforting hug then someone suddenly knocked and went in.  It was Drake.  How dare he show his face here?  We all looked at him, his eyes were red and puffy.

Maureen started throwing pillows at him while shouting things like, "How dare you come in here?!"  "How can you even show your face after killing Tiffany?!"  Then she started breaking down.  Wayne was holding her back and comforting her.

"What are you doing here?" Hanzel asked confidently.

Drake sat down on the nearby chair, "I came here to apologize. I didn't mean it, it was accident. I didn't even notice that she was being looked after. I promise it wasn't me. I know all of you are mad at me and I don't expect you to forgive me but give me a chance to explain."

Maureen was still crying but she agreed.

"Here's the story. I went to your hotel room to fetch Tiffany, I told her that we're going out. I have no bad intentions, I even brought flowers. I was supposed to bring her to an amusement park and tell her about Blake. I didn't get her just to kill her, believe me, I'm not that evil. I brought her to a mini hill before bringing her to the park. I told her about Blake's plan there then out of nowhere she was shot, straight at the head." Drake started sniffing.

"Wait, how sure can be we be if you're telling the truth?" Cathy asked like a strict teacher on duty.

"Because, I was planning to give her this but I was too late. I cared for her really much, much more than I thought I would." Drake showed as a necklace with a cute heart pendant.

"Y-y-y-you a-a-a-are g-g-g-g-going to a-a-a-a-ask her to be your g-g-g-girlfriend?!" Yvette stuttered.

"No, I'm expecting that much. This is just like a friendship necklace." he glared at Yvette.

"Oops."

"I guess I believe you but I expect you to explain this to Tiffany's parents." Hanzel told him.

"Yes sir." Drake said obediently, "Oh, by the way." Drake went out then came back with a basket of flowers and food, "This is for you guys."

I started at it for a long time, orange tulips, Tiffany's favorite.  There were some crackers, cookies, brownies and more inside.  Drake was going to go out already but I stopped him, "Drake."  He turned around.  "Come on, let's eat." I said.  He just started at me like I'm crazy, yes, I know that we hold a grudge on him but I still have a heart.  "You sure?" he asked.  "Yes."  He smiled then sat down again.

"The first time I saw her, I fell in love. I guess she changed me into a better person even if I just met her for a few days. I'm really thankful that she came into my life. I miss her." I can see the truth in his eyes this time.

"Hello." Hanzel answered his cellphone.

"Really? That's good."  *Click*

"Blake and the big guy we met in the rest house are in custody." Hanzel told us.

"They better tell the truth." I clenched my fist.

"I doubt."

"I could kill them with my bare fists if I have the chance."

"Woah, relax. Wait, you're going home tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Really?!" I squealed.  I wanted to go home really badly.

"Yes and I'm coming with you guys."

Hanzel is coming with us?  Oh my, my heart is melting, I never felt like this before.  Is it love?

-Hallie Price, 18 years old