32.

*Harry's P.O.V*

I woke up with a massive headache and in a small, completely white room. I was currently lying on a rock hard bed with the kind of paper sheets you see at doctors offices. There was a large window beside me and it was tinted so that I couldn't peer through. I got out of the bed and my head instantly started pounding worse than it started but I ignored it. I made my way to the window and probably looked like an idiot with his face pressed against the cold window but I couldn't give less of a shit.

I cupped my hands around my forehead with my thumbs against my cheek to block out any extra light and finally got a very dim lighted glimpse of what was occurring behind this massive wall and where I was.

Funny thing is, I don't remember falling asleep. I remember sneaking up on him and Sophie while he was on the phone and then he noticed me. After he noticed he pulled out his gun and then a loud gunshot erupted throughout the quiet halls. But the gunshot wasn't from him or even aimed at me; it was from a police officer who managed to get right where we were standing in just the nick of time. Another second later and I could have been dead. The officer shot him and he fell down and that's the last I remember.

Why?

I continued to look in the window and I saw a bunch of nurses and doctors but I looked in the waiting room a familiar figure. She was sleeping with her elbow against the arm rest and her head in her palm. She was currently sleeping and I was thanking god that she was okay and my past didn't manage to get her hurt. I went over to the door and tried opening it. To my luck, it was locked.

How was she already in the waiting room? The last I saw her was when she was passed out and was dragged down the hospital floors. The real question was, how long was I out for?

*Sophie's P.O.V*

I woke up with a sore neck from sleeping on this waiting room chair for so long. Today is the day I can finally go in and see Harry. It has been a month now that I haven't seen his perfect face and those glowing green eyes. The night I was snatched from Harry will forever haunt me but that is in my past and now I am so thankful that he is awake and breathing. That night |I woke up in the hospital once again and once I found out Harry was in there as well, I can't even say how depressed I was for the first week or two. I was only in the hospital for one night so they could make sure that the fluid that man gave me didn't harm my body in any shape or form and I was lucky enough that it didn't

But Harry has been in this same damn hospital, same damn bed for too damn long and I am so excited to see him tonight for the first time and take him home with me.

"Sophie Higgins?" The receptionist calls out my name making me look towards her desk. I hop out of my seat and walk over to her, leaning my elbows against the smooth wood.

"If I'm not mistaken, you are here for," She pauses before continuing. "Harry Styles?" She asks, peering up at me through her thin glasses.

"Yes, that's him." I say and can't help the smile forming from the corners of my lips. I can barely contain the excitement radiating off of me. It has been way too long and I am dying to see his dimpled smile, hear his beautiful laugh and hear his voice once again. I feel as if a part of me was ripped away when he was taken to this hospital and I received the news that I couldn't enter his room. I don't know why I wasn't aloud to visit him but I have been counting down the days for this moment and here we are.

"Follow me." She smiles and goes about three doors down before she came to a hault, searching her key chain to find the match for the door. After a minute or so, she finally finds it and sticks it in the lock. I take a deep breath and close my eyes trying to calm down. I know if I was locked away for a month without anyone form my life coming in here apart from the nurses, I wouldn't want someone all over me. She walks away and I open my eyes. Even though the door is open, I peer through the open door and see him perched upon his bed watching the TV. He hasn't taken any notice of my arrival so I decide to be polite and I softly tapped the wood with my knuckles making him turn avert his attention to me.

"Come in." He said, making me almost melt at the sound that my ears have been dying to hear and I take notice as he stares at me as if he hadn't known who I was.

"Shut the door." He spoke and I turn around to obey his orders. I smile at him but his eyes just continue to scan my face over and over again. I sit on the end of the bed and set down my bag. I look up to meet his gaze and I can't help but blush at his intensive stares.

"Do you remember me?" I ask and he blinks a few times before meeting my eyes gently instead of his staring.

"Sophie." He slowly speaks and he smiles once it leaves his lips. I can't help but let the smile overcome my facial features and he pulls his arms around me making me lay my head onto his chest. I close my eyes and wrap my hands around him the best I can since he is laying down. I listen to his heartbeat and the rhythm is like music to my ears and I would stay here like this forever if I had the chance.

"I missed you. I miss you so much." I say and my eyes overwhelm with tears.

"I missed you." He speaks into my hair while his fingers softly brush through it. I can't help but be thankful for him being alive and that he wasn't injured too badly. I mean what he went through was hell, but he could've been dead.

"What happened?" He asked and I was dreading for this moment to come.

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently, peeling myself off his warm body to meet his eyes.

"How long have I been in here?" He asks and I sigh before speaking.

"One month." He furrows his brows together and is deep in thought before he speaks up once again.

"Why? And how come I don't remember waking up any day but today? And why don't I remember when I fell asleep? I can only remember we were at the hospital and I was going to take you home and then he was on the phone talking to someone. You were passed out on the ground and then he looked at me. He pointed his gun and the last I remember was a large sound ringing in my ears. A gunshot."

"Harry. The gunshot was a mixture of two different triggers from two different guns. One was from that man and the other from the police officer. He told me everything that happened as I was unconscious. But anyway, that man was aiming for your head when the officer shot him. He pulled the trigger when the bullet hit him and instead of hitting you in the head, it hit you in the stomach. It punctured organs and you," I pause, taking a deep breath. "You were in a coma for the past month."

_________________________________________

Finally, an update!

I'm sorry for taking so long to update but I was busy these few days.

Comment and vote and follow me on twitter!

@harrystyles0107