18.

Sorry this is short, next chapter will be longer!

*Harry's P.O.V*

I watched as Sophie ran out of the room, not looking back. I knew she was horrified and I was the cause of that. We were enjoying ourselves and I had to leave her out by herself. How dumb am I. I forgot they had a watch on this house and they watched as I brought a girl into this place. They took it for granted because they knew she would be here. He was lying on the ground so I grabbed the vase on the nightstand and smashed it over his head. He was for sure passed out but just to make sure, I kicked him in the balls.

For the past two years, I've been trying to get away from these horrible people I was once associated with. They murdered my sister for fuck sakes! Right in front of me and it was my fault. I didn't have enough to pay them back. It was because of my shitty childhood that is driving Sophie away from me. She'll probably never talk to me again because of the fear that someone will hurt her. I need to let her know that I will never, ever let someone hurt her that has been apart of my past even if it's a life or death situation. Or, I could go with my safer option.

I can let her go.

*Sophie's P.O.V*

I was bent over the bed, head in my hands trying to distinguish the words that had just came out of Zoey's mouth. I couldn't believe it, if it wasn't for Zoey, I could've been dead right now. I don't know what I'm going to do. This is all happening because of Harry's torturous past. If I would've listened to her when she told me to stay away from him, none of this would be happening. I hopped off the bed and walked out of the room leaving Zoey behind.

"Sophie, you better not go back there! It's too dangerous, you don't know what you are getting yourself into!" She yelled after me but I ignored her.

I left the college and began walking back to Harry's home. It was about a half hour walk and my legs were aching. I am not athletic and I need a car. I slowed my pace down when I turned down the block and looked around for anything suspicious. It seemed to be clear so I walked up to the house and opened the front door. I quickly, yet quietly shut it and walked into the living room. It was oddly quiet so I headed up the stairs. I heard a muffled voice, cursing a few words so I slowly headed in that direction. As I got closer I realized it was Harry's. I stood outside the door for a few seconds making sure that no one else was in there and as I was sure that it was only him, I reached out and turned the door knob pushing the door open.

It felt like a heavy weight being lifted off of my chest to what I saw. Harry was pacing around the room with his back too me and I smiled to myself knowing he was alright. I opened the door all the way and saw the room was empty apart from the man lying on the ground unconscious. I studied him and saw blood around his mouth and bruises along his face. How did Harry take that man out on his own? He was at least half times stronger than Harry. I took a step in, making the floor creak and Harry's head snap to me.

"What the fuck, Sophie!" He spat.

"What?" I questioned, confused at his outburst.

"You were supposed to leave with Zoey. Why the hell didn't you leave?" He shouted, making me flinch at his anger.

"I did. I came back because I was worried about you." I spoke, barely audible.

I looked at the floor then back to him, his features visibly softened.

"Soph, I'm so-"

"No, Harry. I get it."

"Sophie, wait."

"Stop Harry. You obviously don't care about me like I care about you." I muttered, slapping my hand over my mouth. I did not just say that. Please say he didn't hear that.