Chapter 8

At the moment we're at his warehouse discussing the issue.
"We have to get back-up." He says.
"From who?" I question.
"I know some people who are willing to help." He says while smirking. I don't know but I suddenly feel the urge to slap the smirk off his face.
"How did I even get into this mess, I just want my brother back." I say so quietly I won't be shocked if he didn't hear me. I feel hot tears burning at my eyelids. A tear slips out of my eye unto my cheek but he catches it before it falls and holds out his arms towards me.
"Come here." He says softly. I crawl into his arms and cry whiles he rubs my back soothingly.
"Don't worry. Everything will be okay. How about we discuss about the plan tomorrow." He says and offers me a soft smile and I nod.
"Let me take you home." He says and stands up offering me a hand but I don't take it scared of getting attached to him. I get up and he leads me out of the warehouse to his car unfazed.

~^~
He parks in my driveway and I climb out of his car and tell him a quick bye before I enter my house and drives off. I go to my bedroom to change into a pair of maroon coloured shorts and one of my brother's hoodies. I walk downstairs to the kitchen to find something to eat but because I'm lazy I just stick with an apple and sit at the kitchen island. I take my phone and send a message to Kylie.
M- Don't think I'll be coming to school for sometime. Plz cover for me. I'll pay you back I promise. Thanks
K- Okay but can I join in on what you're doing cuz I can't stay in school with Jennifer(the Queen B or slut of the school).
M- Fine but not now. I'll tell u when the time is right. Goodnight.
K- Night
I switch of my phone and I couldn't help but think of what Aaron would be doing now. I finish eating the apple and throw it away. I started to feel like I was being watched but I shrugged it off and head to my room and went to sleep.

~^~
I tried to sleep but I couldn't because I didn't feel comfortable. I still felt like I was being watched. I quickly open my eyes when someone shoves me unto the wall and grips my throat. I struggling to breathe but I was able to choke out a few words.
"Who are you?" I say barely able to breathe.
"We are watching you. If you want to save your brother either you pay the money or you come to the secluded part of the park at 12:00am to find another solution or we also take your friend."
He drops me on the ground and disappears before I can say anything. I begin to cry and rest my head in my palms, crying my heart out. They can't take Kylie, she's all I have left. When I can't seem to bring forth more tears I walk to my bathroom and grab a razor at this point I feel so useless and i start cutting letting out all my anger and pain. I watch as the blood drips from my wrist and i look at my helpless figure and think to myself
'I cant give up. I have to save Aaron. He will do the same for me.'
I put the razor down and rinse the blood from my wrist and pull down my sleeve. I call Ethan and tell him about what just happened.
"Mackenzie, is everything ok? Why are you calling at 3:00 in the morning?" He questions.
"Um, can you pick me up? Could I stay at your place for a few days? Some thug was here and I'm scared. Please Ethan!" I try to sound sweet. Fail.
"So the person threatened you?" He asks.
"No Shit Sherlock!" I shout.
"Just please, come and pick me up."
"Ok, I'm on my way, bye."
"Bye." I say knowing I didn't mention the meet up and end the call and start packing my belongings into my duffel bag and suitcase. I walk to my brother's door and raise a shaky hand and open his bedroom door.

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. Pls rate comment and vote. Video above 👆 and follow reaction time on YouTube and peace.