Chapter 17

Mackenzie's pov
"Owww!" I scream in pain as a knife is put in my thigh.
"Aww, are you in pain." Francis said.
"No shit Sherlock" I reply but I think I got him angry because he drags the knife through my thigh and forcefully removes it. I hiss in pain and started crying.

He continues to cut my body and pour alcohol on it. What hurt most is when he cut me at the same place I cut myself and I pass out.

Kylie's pov
It's 4:50am and I wake up to an anonymous text on my phone. I open it and a picture of Mackenzie bleeding from her arms, thighs, legs, wrist and hands and she has passed out.

My blood runs cold and I start panicking. She looks half dead. I rush out the door and bump into a startled Connor.

"What?", he takes my shaking hands and rubs them. My cheeks flush a bright red.

"Kenzie." Is all I can say. He notices the phone and grabs it.
"From now on this,"he says pointing at the phone, "will be in my care, alright."

I don't reply but I do something I never thought I would, I throw my hands around Connor and bury my head in his shirt. The hot tears flow out of me. I feel his arms draw me closer to him. "Shhh." He rubs my back and tells me everything will be okay.
I know better. I feel his chin on my head. I feel safe in his embrace and I don't want to let go but i do. He stares at me, his ocean blue eyes boring into mine. We're going to find her. I promise.

Connor's pov 
Kylie is probably the most beautiful girl I have seen and seeing her cry breaks my heart. I think I love her.
"I love you."
I can't believe I what I just said. It was a slip of tongue but I don't think she heard me. She looks at me and says something that melts my heart.
"I love you too." I lean in and kiss her and I feel a connection and I truly know we are meant for each other. I let go and plant a kiss on her forehead.
"Go get some sleep. You'll need the energy for tomorrow and don't ask why." I say
" Ok." She replies and gives a small smile even though I know its forced. She closes the door and I go to Ethan's office knowing that he's still awake. I give him the phone and he drops it on his desk, his face full of anger, shock and worry.

Ethan's pov
I'm soo shocked I drop the phone.
"We have to do something. Tomorrow give the phone to Bethany to trace the number and always be around Kylie because we don't know if they'll try and come for her." I say to Connor and he agrees and leaves. Things are going way too fast. I say and sit down. It's time for war.

Hey guys. I hope you enjoy the chapter and rate vote and comment and follow for more interesting books. video above👆 and peace✌