Chapter 9

When I open the door the room is the same way as before. I pick up some of his clothes to take with me but when I'm about to leave the room I trip over an old photoframe. I pick it up and stare at it as a small smile tugs at my lips. This picture was taken when we went for our annual spring break until it stopped when mum left. A car horn interrupts my thoughts and I quickly walk to my room with the picture and clothes in my hand and place it in my suitcase along with my phone, phone charger, laptop and headphones and quickly put on the locket my mum gave me on my birthday with a picture of me and her in it. I run outside carrying my suitcase and duffel and put it in the trunk.
"Are you okay?" He asks softly when I enter the passenger seat.
"No, can you please send me to the warehouse? It's been a long day." I say and hold unto the locket. I turn to look out the window and he starts driving. II watch as the scenery passes by and I drift into sleep.

Ethans pov
"Wake up sleepy head." I say shaking Mackenzie. She stirs in her sleep but she refuses to wake up. I think of a plan to wake her up but it's risky.
"Mackenzie, wake up! They're trying to kill Aaron! They called me!" I shout. Her eyes open immediately.
"What?, where?" She asks startled.
"Finally, you're awake." I say and she glares at me when she realized I was lying.
"You piece of shit! How dare you!" She yells.
"Fine sorry. That was out of line." I say but she just rolls her eyes and gets out of the car and takes her luggage.

~^~
Ethan and I enter the warehouse and I see random people playing video games and lounging about in the lounge area. I turn to Ethan but he isn't faced so I guess they're part of his crew.
"Guys, this is Mackenzie and Mackenzie this is Lola, Grayson, James, Bethany and Connor and Grayson and James are twins." He says.
"Hi I'm uh..Mackenzie." I say with a smile.
"We already got that part." Connor says. I glare at him and in response he laughs.
"I'm going to sleep. Im tired and its been a long day." I say yawning making my way upstairs but I stop halfway.
"Where's the room I'm sleeping in?" I ask.
"Left door down the hall." Ethan replies. I walk upstairs and enter the last room on the left down the hall. The room is a little dark due to how it's designed but I don't mind. The walls are painted a nice shade of light blue and the bed sheet is maroon and white with maroon curtains which by the way is my favourite colour.

I enter the bathroom and remove my clothes and step into the shower. I think about everything that has happened as the hot water pours down my body. I turn off the shower and let out a long sigh. I wear a pair of grey cotton shorts and a turquoise tank top. I enter the room and lie down on the bed and take my phone deciding to send a message to kylie.

M: hey Kyle. I know this might sound weird but I need you to wait at the parking lot after school tomorrow and when you're going to school pack you're things like clothes and stuff. I'll explain later cuz some serious shit is about to go down.

K: I'm worried, what's wrong. You know what? Just promise to explain everything. Goodnight.

M: night

I turn off my phone and cuddle into the blanket and fall asleep.

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. Pls rate vote comment and follow for more interesting books. A big shoutout to @Mekweiba. Pic of warehouse or hideout above👆 and peace✌