Chapter 10: The Campaign

Romeo and I look at each other. I'm confused but he doesn't look that confused.

"Oh there you guys are. Nice to see you again Romeo and nice to meet you Emily. I'm Ruthie Canaver. I work for Burberry." She says. She looks in her 50's.

Why is she talking to me? How does she know who I am?

"Nice to meet you too." I say as I shake her hand.
She gives Romeo a quick hug.

"This is Ruthie, she does all the modeling for Burberry." Victoria says as she walks out from an office. My mom and Dad walk out right after Victoria.

"Can you guys come to my office for a minute?" Ruthie asks.

We both nod and walk in. It's just Ruthie, Romeo, and I. In the room there's pictures of models around the walls. And then there is one big desk with four chairs on the the side closest to the door and one chair on the other side. Romeo and I sit down using 2 out of 4 chairs. Ruthie sits on the other side.

"You're probably wondering why you guys are in here." She's says.

Romeo and I nod.

"Burberry wants you guys to model for this years Christmas campaign." She says, while smiling.

"Omg, really!" I say ecstatically.

"Really?" Romeo says happily.

He squeezes my hand.

"Really. We loved working with you before Romeo, and Emily seems like she'd fit right in. Both of your parents said that if you want to do it, you can." She says.

We both smile.

"So what do you say?" She asks looking at us.

"I'm in." Romeo says.

"It sounds like fun, but when would we film it and for how long?" I ask.

"We would start in 3 weeks and shoot for about 3 months with breaks in between." She says.

3 weeks?! 3 months?! I don't know about this.

"Um, I really want to but that's along time in London without my parents. I'll think about it."  I say kinda embarrassed because Romeo answered so quickly.

Romeo looks at me confused.

"I totally understand. Just think about it and let me know by the end of the week." Ruthie says.

She hands us some papers with more information.

"Thanks!" Romeo and I say. We walk out.

Right as we walk out we hug each other in happiness.

Burberry wants me to model!!!

"Emily you have to do this!" Romeo says while shaking me.

"I really want to but it's starts so soon and it's for so long." I say.

"I understand. You'd be away from your family and friends. But please think about it. But I support whatever decision you make." Romeo says while grabbing my hand.

"I will Romeo, thank you." I kiss him on the cheek and walk away.

I look back and see that he's smiling.

Since we spent a lot of time in Burberry we decided just to go to the London eye. My family and the Beckham get to cut the line and get in our own pod. The whole time I look at the view as we go up and up. Romeo was next to me. The whole time I was thinking about the campaign. When we got close to the top Romeo grabs my hand. I look at him and smile.

After the London eye we go home. The car ride wasn't that long but I fell asleep. When we get back to the house I woke up and head to my room. I look at snapchat and then go to Instagram. I scroll and see that Romeo and Brooklyn tagged me in a photo. It was a photo of Romeo and I holding hands at the top of the London eye. Romeo captioned it, "❤️🎡💙" I comment, "😘" Brooklyn's caption was "🇬🇧👁 " I commented "🎨🌊"

Then Alexa texted me.