Chapter 16: #Romily

"Romeo Beckham tagged you in a photo."
I go on Instagram and see that Romeo posted the selfie. He captioned it, "Great day, great girl😜❤️". I scroll through and most of the comments are, "Omg they r tots dating", "#romily" and more like that. But there were on occasion comments like, "she's so ugly" and "you're way out of her league". Those comments really got to me. Maybe I'm not good enough to model. I comment back "omg these comments^😂" (I was taking about all the dating ones) and "love this pic🙃❤️". He comments back "haha ikr😂and same😋 @EmilyIsla".
He's so sweet, I'll miss him the most when I leave. Unless..... I could do the Burberry campaign. Right as I think that my phone buzzes, to my luck it's Ruthie.
Ruthie: Hey Emily! Hope London is treating you well. You have a few more days but I wanted to remind you about the campaign. No rush but, just wanted to let you know that if you have any questions feel free to text me. Thanks:)
Me: Thanks so much! It's a lot to think about but, I'll definitely text you if I have any questions!

I sit and just play on play on my phone for awhile. Then I hear David yell,
"We are home!"
"Hello!" I yell back.
"Hi!" Romeo yells.

I walk to Romeo's room and knock on the door. Romeo opens the door.

"Oh hey Emily!" Romeo says
shocked.

"Hey Roooo!" I say jokingly.

"What do you want to do?" Romeo asks.

"Anything." I say.

"Um.... wanna go for a walk around the neighborhood?" Romeo asks.

"Sure! That would be fun!" I say excitedly.

"Okay! Let's go now so we can be back before dinner." Romeo suggests.

"Okay! Let me just grab my shoes." I say as I run to my room.
I walk downstairs to see that Romeo is already down there talking to our parents.

"There she is!" My mom says as I come down.

"Have fun on your walk! Be back in less than an hour please." Victoria says.

"We will be." Romeo says as we walk out.

We close the door and start walking.

"Ruthie texted me today." Romeo says shyly.

"She texted me too." I say.

"What did she say?" Romeo asks.

"She was just like, text me if you have any questions. What did she text you?" I ask.

"Well... she said ummm.... that they have a backup girl to model with me if you don't do it." Romeo says disappointed.
Not another girl. I can't bear to see him with someone else, even though we are not dating.
"Do you know her?" I ask nervously.
"Ruthie sent me some pictures and information about her. I didn't look at them tho... well I saw one picture but she's  nothing compared to you." Romeo says.

"What do mean, she's nothing compared to me?" I ask confused.

"Well, she may be more experienced with modeling but you, you are prettier and I know I have a connection with you that I will NEVER have with ANYONE else." Romeo says with emphasis on the never and anyone.

"Romeo, I don't want you to model with anyone else but, I don't think I'm cut-out to be a model." I say while looking at the ground.

Romeo stops walking and almost yells,

"Are you kidding me Emily?! You are the sweetest most gorgeous girl I have ever met. If you weren't "cut-out" to model, Burberry would have never talked to you. You don't have to do the campaign but don't ever say that you aren't cut out for it. Don't let a few hate comments drag you down. Trust me I get loads of them, everyone does. So please don't let them get to your head!"

"Woah Romeo." I say while laughing a little. Then I say in all seriousness, "That meant a lot to me, thank you."

"Anytime. Just promise me one thing... never change." Romeo says shyly.

"I won't. I promise." I say sweetly.
Right after I say that I get a FaceTime request from Alexa. I press decline.
"Why did you do that?" Romeo says.
"I see her all the time and I don't have that much more time with you." I say sadly.

"Oh... um we should head back. Romeo says kinda disappointed.
Why does he sound so sad?! He knows I'm leaving soon.
"Why? We've only been walking for like five minutes." I say confused.
"Ummm.... I have to go to the bathroom." Romeo says.
That was weird.
"Oh. Okay." I say disappointed.
We walk back silently and Romeo runs up to his room.
What's going on with Romeo?! That was so rude!