Chapter 20: Talks

We arrive back at the Beckham's and I start walking to my room. Romeo grabs my hand and says,

"Hey, Emily. Can we talk?"

"Sure. About what?" I ask.

"Us." He says immediately.

I nod and we walk into his room.

"Look, I like you, you like me." Romeo says.

I nod with a subtle smile.

"What now?" Romeo asks.

"I don't know. We have only know each other for a little and I'm not staying here super long." I say.

"I guess you're right. Whatever." Romeo says bummed.

"I'm sorry Romeo. We are only fourteen." I say.

"Makes sense." Romeo responds.

I walk out and check my phone.

Mom: Hey! Just got to our layover and wanted to check in to make sure everything was okay:). Have a great time and we miss you tons❤️

Me: Hi mom! Everything is great and thank you for letting me do this. Miss you all too💜

I briefly check Instagram and then Cruz walks into my room.

"Hey Emily, do you want to play outside with me?" He asks.

"I'd love to!" I say excitedly.

We play outside for about an hour. It was really fun. We played with a football, frisbee, and basketball. We both laughed a lot. Cruz is so nice and genuine.

"I'm tiredddd!" Cruz complains.

"Me too, let's go inside." I suggest.

We both go to our own room I check my phone and see Alexa texted me.

Alexa: Congrats on 500k!🎉🎉🎉
Me: Wait rly omg! I didn't know😂
Me: Thank you💞💞💞
Alexa: Ur FAMOUS😍😍😂😂
Me: Hahaha that's funny😒😂
Alexa: Ur a model for Burberry, Ur famous😂
Alexa: And ur dating a Beckham😏
Me: Ugh stop!😤
Me: Ily tho😂💖
Alexa: Ily2 bestie💓

I check my profile and see that I did actually get 500k followers. Wow half a million!

Brooklyn: Congrats Emily! You have 500,000 followers!
Me: Thanks Brooklyn! Couldn't have done it without you💓

Then Cruz texts me.

Cruz: Congratulations on half a million followers Emily🎉👌👌🎉
Me: Thanks Cruzie😘

I decide to post a pic on Instagram from when I was in LA with a bunch of balloons and I caption it, "Thank you for 500k! Couldn't have done it without each and every one of you!💓"
Brooklyn comments, "🎉". Cruz comments, "Yay!😂👌". Victoria comments, "Go Em!". And David comments, "By tomorrow you'll have 37 million!😂". All my family basically comment, "Congrats and miss you!", or something like that. There was no comment or like from Romeo. Wow.

Brooklyn walks into my room.

"Brooklyn! I could have been changing!" I say surprised.

"Sorry Em but, we need to talk." He says as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"About what?" I ask.

"Romeo." He says while taking a deep breath.

I groan and roll my eyes.

"Look, Romeo is sad because he REALLY likes you and he thinks you don't like him at all anymore. He's all upset and hasn't been the same guy. Please talk to him and work things out. Tomorrow you meet with Ruthie" Brooklyn says.

"I'm sorry that I don't want to date him. It's too much and I don't want to ruin our relationship or well the relationship we used to have. One second he's my best friend and the next he doesn't even talk to me. Why should I go and talk to him? He's the one who needs to apologize." I say angrily.

"Just think about it." Brooklyn says as he walks out of my room.

Why is this sooooo complicated!

At dinner Romeo doesn't say anything or even make eye contact with me.

I was about to go to bed when Alexa texts me.

Alexa: YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!
Me: What?!
Alexa: Liam asked me out!!!☺️
Me: Omg congrats girly😘 He's been ur crush for 2 yrs !!
Alexa: We r going to the movies and lunch tmrw😍☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️
Me: Have fun 👏💓
Alexa: Thx babe💋 maybe u, me , Liam, and Romeo can have a double date😏
Me: That will NEVER happen😒 Romeo isn't even talking to me.
Alexa: Why??????
Me: He wanted to talk about "us" and I said I don't want to date bc I leave in 3 months.
Alexa: You have 3 months, if you like him give dating him a try if it works great! But if it doesn't whatever you guys will always be close.
Me: Maybe... but thx💖
Alexa: Anytime😘💋

I head to sleep thinking about what I should say to Romeo.

I wake up at 6:00 and get ready for the day.

I grab a banana for breakfast and I slip on my shoes. As I'm tying my shoes Romeo grabs his. He barely even looks at me.