Chapter 14- Cell mate

~Nightmare pov~

As they all charge me and Cross manage to fight off the first wave. He was the first to fall...

Then it was my turn, I was hit from behind. Spots of light appeared to my vision. Then there was a hard hit to my stomach that made me fall. After that everything was black as I was dragged away to be detained...

-Your pov- 

Its quiet, your quite tired from the blood loss. Your mind is fuzzy and your arm is numb now.

You were about to slip back into the sweet relief of unconsciousness when the door down the hall slammed open. Causing you to jump and wince from the reappearing pain in your arm. Your eyes started to water as you sat back down. Half from the pain, half from knowing that you were seconds away to your death.

That didn't happen, the guards dragged a slimy body into the cell across from you. You remembered this slimy figure as Nightmare. He didn't seem to be awake. He also seemed to be hurt.

'Oh no, they hurt him too. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as me... After what he's been through he doesn't need to be hurt more. Wait, why is he here?? D-did he come back for me.... N-no he c-couldn't of...'

You stare at the beat up and slow breathing Nightmare. He looks so weak, as if he would turn to dust if you just touched him in the slightest bit.

You sighed and attempted to fall back asleep. It took a while but you managed to get at least a few minuets. Before you were awakened by a moan from across the way. It was Nightmare he was waking up.

You attempted to lift your head from the shackles and met his eye and gave him a small beat up smile as his eye flares.

~Nightmare pov~

As I awake with a headache I give a loud moan from the pain. As I sit up I look across the way and see my beautiful angel sitting on her knees with chains holding her up.
After I see her for a few seconds my eye clears up and I can clearly see the huge gash on her arm, she looks up and meets my eye.

I felt my eye flare up as she gave me the saddest smile ever. It showed pure hurt, pain, and fear.

I slowly stand up and teleport into her cell. My eye calms as I fall to my knees and rest my head on hers. She is a little surprised but accepts me. I feel my tears run hot down my cheek as I hold back a raging anger that wishes to be let free.

I break her chains and she falls limply into my arms. She winces at her arm and whines a small bit, showing she is in pain. I shush her and tell her "I know, hey hey shhhh. It's going to be ok.. Don't worry I'm going to get us out of here. Shhhh it's alright, I'm here. Your safe now..."