Chapter 17- Waking Up

You awake to a small pain in your arm but it doesn't matter. Your warm, most importantly... Your safe. Wrapped in the arms of the only one you can trust. It feels nice, for the first time in a while, you feel safe...

You snuggle into the dark ball of warmth. You don't notice him stroking your hair as you mumbled "So warm..."

So when he giggled your head shot up. He looked you in the eyes and smiled.

"Glad to see your feeling better."he says as his smile widens

You feel your cheeks go hot as you turn the other way to get up. He pulls you back into a warm embrace and hugs you tight.

"N-nightmare," you wince " my a-arm..." you studder through the pain.

Quickly he softens his grip but doesn't let go. Defeated you shift to get comfortable. He rests his slimy head against yours and carefully pulls you closer. Still a bit skeptical you turn away from him. This, he doesn't seem to mind. Only when you tried to leave a couple of times, he got fussy when you did. By the third time you were laughing as he was like a little kid who wouldn't put away his favorite stuffed animal. After a couple more times he was laughing too.

"Nightmare come on, I need to get up" you say laughing.

"No, I need you to stay" he says as if your going to leave him forever, heartbroken...

You wait a while before you respond with "I'm not going to leave you..."

He looks at you with sad eyes but a glint of hope shines through, "R-really...?"

You start to blush a bit but without hesitation say back " Yes "

His smile widens as he hugs you again, this time you hug him back. You don't know why but whenever your with him you feel alive and happy. He seems to feel the same, but just doesn't say it. To believe this was the monster that stole you from your home, you wouldn't believe it. Even though, it's true. He did save your life though, so I guess that makes up for taking you. Right?

Finally he lets you go and you stretch. Quickly you run and use the restroom. While your in there you take off the bandage around your arm. It hurts but not as much as before. Something happened to it, your arms scratch is much smaller than before. Did Nightmare heal you??? Could he even do that?

Your intense thought was interrupted by a knock on the door. You say you'll be right out and wash up. Cleaning the cut a bit, you notice it healing by itself very slowly. Must be one of the perks in this world. In your world this never happened....

It's better than not healing though. You walk out and find Nightmare to be gone. The door opened a crack. Should you go out? Last time that wasn't good, but are you just going to wait?
(Comment what you would do, majority chooses how the story goes ;) )