Chapter One

I have never written a book before and was inspired. Therefore, I will write only if you want me to. Let me know what you think, if you like the first chapter, I’ll continue. (:

Please, read and vote/comment.

Thanks everyone for your time!

**********

Chapter One

I had never found him. Everyone else had been through this. As I step on campus for the first time, I remembered this. I haven’t found him yet, and it was silly to keep looking. I was never going to. It’s hard to even image what he would look like.

Would he have tall or just taller than me? Could he pick me up and dance Dirty Dancing style? Could we roll the windows down on a summer’s night and sing at the top of our lungs? Would he be blonde and beautiful, or dark and handsome, I would never know.

In my “culture”, if you didn’t find him before you were fifteen, there really wasn’t any hope for you at this point. You were marked as unwanted. Except that mark, wasn’t visible. Sadly, it was just known.

My mate had never come across my path. At eighteen, walking into my first day of college, I knew I would throw myself into my work and that was that. I had accepted my life and fate. As far as I was concerned, it was set in stone the day my sixteenth birthday. That day had been the worst and most painful day of my life.

I listened as the teachers told me how college isn’t like high school, but the first day would always be the same. “Hi my name is, there’s your syllabus, blah, blah, blah...”, it seemed like it went on for hours. After school had ended for the day, I decided to go to the café and check out what’s to eat. Attending one of the Midwest Culinary Institutes best schools, you know that you’re going to eat well. It smelled as good as they were. With my senses enhanced, I could pretty much slobber at the food. A pizza is what I decided on.

Finally, after taking a seat, I took everyone in. I moved to Kentucky in the late fall for my senior year. After attending a high school here, I fell in love. The land, the horses, the wild plants, not to even mention, the trees; everything was appealing. Everything was perfect, except the lack of werewolf selection. Much to my demise, my parents hadn’t considered that part in choosing to move into the smallest pack in the country. My mom and dad met when they were a part of the largest. How did they expect to help me find my mate if I was just so constricted to these fine parameters?

I looked down and noticed my pizza was getting cold with all my useless thinking. I wasn’t sure, but something made me stop eating. I stopped and looked around the rooms. The cliques of people kept talking and eating while I was in a momentary pause. I didn’t notice, or even recognize the scent. I hadn’t smelled another werewolf in so long, it scared me. I never saw him, really. His back was to me.

There was something about his scent though. it made me stop and pause. I’d never smelled anyone that good before. I could literally eat him right here, right now.

“Go, little girl. Get your ass up now.” My wolf groaned at me.

“You know, if you asked nicer, I’d probably already have asked him his name.” I smirked at the disgust she let through.

“I don’t have to ask, I’m in this half and half, remember buddy.” As much emphasis as she could muster, she put on the end of buddy.

Sometimes, we were never buddies.

With the three seconds we were arguing in my head, he left.

“Did you see him?” my only friend here, Winter said.

“Damn Winter, can you warn a girl next time. I about spilled this shit everywhere.” I said catching my water back in my cup. Being a were had its perks sometimes.

Winter was everything, but cold. With her firey red hair, to her icy blue eyes, she was beautiful. Her 5’6 body with weighing in at 130 soaking wet, guys were gaga over her. There was no way she could go unnoticed. That’s mainly why I hated going in public with her. She noticed that I was admiring her beauty again. She just rolled her eyes and asked me her question again.

“Ocie, I’m serious, quit. You make me feel bad when you do that. Trying to pick out a flaw,” she punched me on the arm. I swear, she punches like a man. “I’m not kidding, did you see him!?”

“I saw another were, but I didn’t see his face. And who cares again?” I asked, trying not to let it know that I really wanted to know him. My wolf agreed and called me an arrogant ass. I stuffed her back in my subconscious.

“You better start caring,” her voice was stern, “that’s the next Alpha there sista’. You better get used to him, too. Apparently, he goes to class here.”

I dropped my head, wondering what classes he was taking, how long he had been here, what his favorite ice cream… wait, a freaking second. I could care less. Alpha belonged to the beta’s child and that was that. They hadn’t mated yet because they both weren’t twenty one, but it was known. The Alpha’s son and the Beta’s daughter were it and no one could stop that. That's the first thing Winter told me when I had moved here. The next Alpha was already claimed.

I smelled his as he came closer, he was somewhere near. I dared not to turn around, I knew he was directly behind me. How I knew? Winters eyes were roaming over my head and I knew she wasn’t checking me out.

“I wanted to introduce myself. I know you both have moved here recently and still, I haven’t gotten over that way to say hello. My name is Raylan, Raylan Napley. And who might you two be?”

There was my wolf again, that bitch never left me alone. She was purring this time though. I don't think I've ever heard her purr. Uh oh, this was a bad sign. By the way she was purring and the fact that I melted over his slow southern drawl, I knew this wasn't going to end well.

“I’m Winter and this is my best friend, Ocie.” This was it, I had to meet his intense glare. I turned around as slow as I could, not wanting what I thought was going to happen, to actually happen.

It happened so quick I couldn’t catch my breath. He back away, but never took his eyes off me. He knew as well as I did.

Instantly, mates.