Chapter Nine.

**********

Chapter Nine

Raylan’s POV

I pulled up to Winter’s house just past six. I hoped they had eaten and was finished. I walked up to the door hesitantly. I was so burning mad that I didn’t have a plan. I always had a plan. If I was to be with Ocie, I had to make nice with Winter anyhow. I’m guessing they heard someone pull up because the door opened without me even knocking.

“Napley, how may I help you today?” Mr. Greenop said with a huge grin on his face. Great, did everyone know I was groveling?

“Oh nothing much sir, I was wondering if I could speak to Winter alone?” I meet his laughing expression with a distasteful frown. He stopped laughing and called his daughter to the door.

She took one sight at me and turn around huffing off to what I’d say was her room. Her father snapped his head back at me.

“I’m so sorry, she meant no disrespect I’m sure of it. Please, I’ll go get…” I interjected.

“She did mean disrespect, of which I do deserve. Would there be any chance I could go into her room and have a discussion with her? There’s nothing to worry about, I’m sure you know Ocie is my mate.” I sighed and look at his questioning expression. He technically didn’t need to let me in. The only place that was sacred to any particular wolf family was their house. You had to be invited in. I’m sure asking to come in was one thing, but asking to go in to his daughters room, I was sure lucky to be Alpha today.

“I guess, but leave the door open please. I promise not to eavesdrop; I just would prefer the door open.” He said sternly. I couldn’t say anymore. I was just thankful he let me in.

I made my way across the house to the door I saw her disappear into.

“Winter, it’s Raylan. I’m going to come in. Are you decent?” By how quick the door opened, I could tell she had been listening to her father and I’s conversation in the doorway.

“How dare you?! You do NOT understand when you’re not wanted. Maybe I didn’t make myself clear today! I don’t want you around her or me for that matter. You’re a pig, Raylan Joseph. Have fun living without her.” She tried to shut the door in my face. I caught it with my hand and refused to let her shut it. I stepped in when I glided her out of the doorway. I kept the door open as Mr. Greenop wanted.

“I didn’t come here for your insults, Winter. I came here for help. I know what I did was wrong. I know how you feel. You think I’m not good enough for her. Our mating was a shock to me. You of all people know how I felt about Paisley. You’re one of her good friends as well. Don’t think I’m a horrible guy. Our families have had a deal for years. I felt I couldn’t back out of it. I was stuck. My father, as unbelievable as it may be, has given me a chance with Ocie. I won’t let that chance go. You have to help me. I’m an Alpha, and I’m begging for your help.” I gave her the biggest puppy dog eyes I could muster. I didn’t know whether my speech had worked until she let out a huge sigh.

“I know you’re not a horrible person; Paisley told me about the deal a long time ago. It isn’t like I hate that you’re her mate. It really makes sense. You’re her complete opposite. I don’t know how I can help though. I can’t bring up your name without her falling to pieces.” My heart ripped open when I heard those words. I love Ocie more than anything in this world. The pain I caused her would be made up, I swore to myself.

“I don’t know her unfortunately. I made that kind of impossible when we first met. What’s she like, does she like to go out or stay home, and what’s her idea of fun?” She began laughing to herself as she got up off the bed. She went to, what I believe was her panty drawer, and pulled out a ragged old notebook.