Chapter Thirteen.

(: <3 you all for reading!

Chapter Thirteen

Ocie’s POV

I stopped breathing. Time stopped moving. Hearing that god awful sound made me want to die with her. She was dying, right here and now. That’s when Raylan dropped me. He didn’t sit me down, he just flat out dropped me. I was so confused when he swung open the door to Winter’s room and didn’t stop. He was shaking so violently, I thought he might shift. Instead, his booming voice was all I heard. It was even over the monitors that were still shrieking.

“WINTER OPAL GREENUP. THIS IS AN ALPHA COMMAND JUST FOR YOU. YOU WILL SHIFT, AND YOU WILL SHIFT NOW.” He just kept repeating it.

He’s crazy and this was making it worse. My best friend was dead and there was nothing I could do about it. Now, my mate was acting a fool. Could this day get any worse?

“Ray, please stop, it’s no use…” I was crying too hard, it came in only a whisper. But still he continued. He spoke one more sentence.

“WINTER OPAL GREENUP, I WILL KILL YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY IF YOU DON’T SHIFT. DO IT NOW!” My mouth dropped open and, hurriedly, I got up. When I reached him, I drew my fist back. I punched him square in the mouth. He didn’t even flinch, and I’m pretty sure I broke my hand. Doc came and looked at it for me while I was still yelling at Raylan.

“You’re a complete asshole. How could you ever say that? She’s dead Raylan. Stop making it worse.”

Just then, I heard it. The bed started to move and there, whimpering, was Winter. In wolf form, of course, but she’s alive. Her wounds are still very prominent. I jerked my hand away from the doctor; he could deal with it later. I had to see her. I had to make sure she was really there. I flung myself on her and she howled with pain. Immediately, I pulled myself off. I felt so bad for her.

“Winter, I’m so sorry. This entire thing is my fault. If I would’ve been with you, this would’ve never happened.” That’s when the doctor spoke up.

“If you want her to live, get the hell out.” He was shooing both of us out the door.

“I love you Winter. I’ll be back babe!” I screamed past the doctor. I will be here when she is allowed to see people.

I turned to Raylan. He’s sitting in a chair next to the door. His face in his hands. I almost felt sorry for him. How could he say those things to her? Is he insane? Would he actually do those things? He wouldn’t have, right?

“I had to Ocie. I’m sorry. I knew that was the only way to save her. I’ve only heard one other case like Winter’s. When one is dead and then an Alpha brings them back. If we don’t find Winter’s mate in the next couple of days, she will die. I only bought her a week or two. Some of my power as Alpha will die with her, too. I used all the ‘magic’ I could to bring her back. I’m sorry I said those things. I would never do that. You had every right to hit me babe.” He pulled me on his lap. As soon as his electrifying touch hit my lower back, I cried all over again. This means that she could actually die. Like, stay dead this time. It was so weird. I hate this. I hate being anything, but normal some days.

We sat there for another five minutes, when Raylan finally spoke. “I’m sorry to do this to you, but I have to go. You know I have to deal with Sawyer. You can stay if you’d like, but I must go.”

“You’re not going to deal with that bastard without me. You can’t leave me out of this one.”

“Alright, that’s fine. It’s always an open invitation for you to come.” With that, I took his hand and we were off to the pack house.