Chapter Sixteen.

I want to apologize. I'm in the middle of planning my wedding for next month and it's pretty stressful. Also, my dog had a seizure. ): My baby is okay and the wedding is almost done.

For an extra bonus, I've written almost seven pages. (: I hope you like it!

**********

Chapter Sixteen.

Winter’s POV

Waking up after I finally healed, was more of a nightmare. I was told that I was.. that R… word. I can’t even think about it. They won’t tell me who though, yet. They tell me that the Alpha’s are taking care of it right now.

Ocie.

I haven’t seen my best friend, my sister, since I woke up here. Paisley came to see me, but Ocie hasn’t. It’s more depressing than my situation. I’m battling whether to be mad at her or not. After all, I did for her to help with Raylan; yet, she repays me by not coming to the hospital. It hurts more than anything to me, it makes me sick. The other part of me wants to believe that she’s been trying to help Raylan to find out what happened. Either way, she could’ve at least come to see if I was alive or not.

There’s shuffling at the front door by which I see the doctor run. I peak my head up to see an extremely tall man carrying a girl and Raylan.  

“Bring her in here Alpha. I’ll check on her as soon as possible.” He said quickly.

Was something wrong with Ocie!? Who the hell is that giant with them? I can’t even smell him, so he can’t be a werewolf. Why the hell is he here? I forgot that I was in wolf form and began growling. He took notice and put himself between me and Ocie.

Wrong move. I leapt forward to attach him and Raylan caught me by the tail. I dropped to the floor but not because of him grabbing at me. It was like I hit a wall. My snout was bleeding and I felt dizzy.

“Dammit Winter, I just had you almost ready to go home. Now it’s another day. You might have to miss the ceremony if you keep it up. BACK to BED.” Shouted the doctor.

I got back up on my feet and started growling at the monster of a man. Raylan again stepped in front of me.

“Winter, you need to stop. There are things you missed. He’s not a wolf, yes, but he is in this pack now. You need to stand down.” I didn’t move.

“Stand down now.” Damn Alpha tone.

I walked back into my room and shifted. I grabbed a robe and walked into the hall.

“Fine, tell me.” I stood in the doorframe not letting the new man out of my eyesight.

“WINTER, GET IN THAT DAMN BED!” The doctor screamed.

I threw my hands up and turned around. If I didn’t leave soon, I’m pretty sure he’d have a heart attack.

As I crawled back in bed, I heard Raylan say, “I’ll be back to fill you in. It’s not Ocie’s fault, by the way. She’s wanted to take care of this before she saw you again.”

I stopped moving at his words. I’ve talked about it with the doctor, but I haven’t heard anyone else saying it. It’s hard to imagine that none of the pack knows. No one has ever been this destroyed before.

It helps not the think about it. I try not to. I can feel that it happened. I still have a deep bruise that I’m not sure will ever go away. I, by no means, seen a wolf never heal before, but that part just won’t go away.

As lost in thought as I was, my head was awfully comfy. I was asleep in minutes.

Taiga POV

After I stepped into the hospital, I heard a wolf stir. I’ve smelled this wolf scent on Ocie before. I just couldn’t see who it was. Raylan sighed, so, I’m deducing my handing Ocie off to the doctor was a trigger because she was trying to assail me as soon as I let go of Ocie.