Chapter Six.

Chapter Six

Ocie’s POV

School went on. Life went on. Slowly, but it did. After I found out about Raylan and me, there was no turning back. It seemed though, that no one really noticed. I did, however, get more attention from the males. I always smelled a were now. No matter where I was, a wolf was around. It was quite creepy, honestly. I liked when it was just Winter I smelled. I am content on it being us now, because of the way Raylan in had disrespected me. Alpha or not, he isn’t going to treat me like that.

“Do you ever wonder why there are all these men around? “ I asked Winter as we were walking to our first class.

“He’s probably watching you.” She almost whispered to me. She had to be quite, in case they were listening.

OH NO, HE DID NOT! He wasn’t going to put protective detail on me when he was nowhere to be seen. I understood what that meant. They would report my every move to him. This was just stupid! I am a grown ass woman. I didn’t need some man who, by the way, didn’t even want me! He was the most arrogant, selfish, disrespectful BOY I’d ever met. After a few moments of just pure rage, I thought about it. This could just be too much fun.

“Oh, no, I know that grin. There’s no way out of it is there?” Winter asked, half laughing.

“No way.” I winked back at her.

After our first class, we had an hour break. I had written down what exactly I had wanted to do to Winter in class. Her eyes widened and laughed out loud causing us to lose our participation points for the day. And who ever told me that college wasn’t like high school, they lied. It’s the damn same. The cool thing about this college was that three different packs of wolves went here. There were us, The Backwoods Pack, then The Upcity Pack, and the Downriver Pack, also. I found this out a few days after school started when I smelled another were. It was quite awkward at first. I had never met anyone outside of the pack before.

My eyes met a boy named Nathanial. He was from the Upcity pack. He was son of their Beta. I nodded to Winter and excused myself from the table. I could feel someone watching me. Exactly as I had hoped they would.

“Well, hey there handsome, I haven’t seen you around for a while.” I hoped that it looked sincere; I didn’t feel anything behind my statement.

“Well, hello back at you. How have you been? You look great today Ocie. Is that new?” His grin took his whole face noticing my dress. Just because I didn’t want him, didn’t make him unattractive. He was actually really beautiful. He was very tall. Almost 6’5, to say the least. Sculpted and his hair was the best part. Always being well-groomed was one of his perks. Someday, he would make an excellent mate for someone.

I stepped into him closing the gap between us. He was leaning against the wall with his foot to it. He looked surprised when I put my hand on his shoulder. ”Oh, this old thing? I’ve had it for years.” I stopped to smile into his eyes before I said the next lines that were pivotal. I needed him to look at me and not as his friends that were goo-gooing at the moment. I did look nice today, but that didn’t call for the fact that they were staring.

“I need a wittle bitty favor. You see, my friend Winter over there,” as I pointed, right on cue, she raised her hand a waved, “Made a bet with me. She told me that I couldn’t do something… it kind of hurt my feelings.”

“Ask sweetheart, what was it?” He waited for my response. Hook, Line, and Sinker.

“She told me that I couldn’t get your attention long enough to do something I’ve been wanting to do… Would you mind?” I never really told him what exactly it was.