Chapter Two

Hey! Sorry it's has taken so long for Chapter two. It's been a pretty rought week! Thanks everyone who even came and read this story, let alone vote/comment on it! You guys are awesome!

Here's chapter two. It's kind of a filler. So, thanks for everything! (:

Please remember to vote/comment. (:

**********

Chapter Two

There wasn’t much time to react, honestly.

“You’re coming with me.” He quite literally spat.

There was no going back and I knew it. If I would’ve just gone home instead of waiting for Winter, maybe this all would’ve never happened. I mean, eventually I would’ve had to meet him, but today was just too early. I didn’t want this. I didn’t want him. Most importantly, he didn’t want me.

“You’re coming with me, now.” He used his Alpha authority on me. How dare he do that! He wasn’t even Alpha yet! That was just disrespectful.

“You make sure to drive my baby home. He’s new so be careful with him.” As I tossed Winter my keys, she sat dumbfounded as to what exactly was happening. Winter hadn’t met her mate yet, so she had no idea what was going on.

He took me by the hand, actually hurting me with his grip. He was walking extremely fast. So fast that even the humans started noticing. I doubt that he cared at this point. We walked/ran down the stairs that led to the cars. I should’ve known what truck was his. It was jet black with chrome wheels. The old ’78 Chevy K20 pick-up was beautiful. God, he was sexy and that just made it worse. He pulled open the door and literally shoved me in.

When he got in the driver’s side, he finally took a breath. I wasn’t entirely sure if he was breathing at all.

“You just can’t be… it’s been all my life with her...” he said, trying to make sense of everything.

Even though I knew he had a girlfriend before me, it really kind of hit me. It was devastating. My wolf was so upset by even the slight mention of someone else in his life. Hold up.  This was crazy. This is a man that I had just met, not even five minutes ago. I am seriously already considering the “life” we were going to share. This mate shit was really freaky.

“You don’t understand,” he said. He must have seen the look on my face. It wasn’t hard to tell. I wore whatever emotion is was feeling on me.

“Oh, I think I do. Can you just let me go back now? Or just drive me home. I’m sure Winter’s already gone.” I had to tell myself to keep breathing. With every look he gave me, it made me want to fling myself into his arms and kiss him until the sun went down. Heck, even past when the sun goes down. I wouldn’t let him see that. I forced my face to control itself.

“She’s been my everything since we were small pups. Don’t feel like I can just drop her and run to you because that is flat out not going to happen. I don’t even know you. How am I supposed to eventually love a complete stranger?!” He was getting louder with every word.

I never really thought that once I found my mate, he would be rejecting me… it honestly was the worst feeling in the world. I felt like my insides were being ripped apart. My heart wasn’t even there. It was in my stomach. This was so much pain. If you looked at the outside, then you’d never know. I prayed that he wasn’t seeing my pain either. He didn’t deserve to know. He cared more about what his parents, friends, or anyone but ME would think. I understand how long we’ve known each other, all ten minutes of it; that didn’t mean that didn’t hurt and wouldn’t continue to hurt me.

Raylan’s POV

There were so many things I wanted to say. It’s so nice to meet you, you are seriously the most beautiful person I’ve ever laid eyes on, and can we announce to everyone in the room starring at you that you’re mine now? However, that wasn’t what came out. My human took over and out ruled my wolf.

“You’re coming with me.” I could feel myself saying those words, but couldn’t believe how mean they sounded. I didn’t want to be mean to her.

When she didn’t move, I heard my Alpha start screaming inside of me “Direct Insubordination”.

“You’re coming with me, now.” Gosh, that was harsh cried my wolf.

I saw her say something to the redhead, but I couldn’t quite make it out. I was too busy lost in my thoughts. When I grabbed her, I knew I was holding too hard. I was trying to get us out of there as fast as we could. We needed to talk. I need to explain why this just couldn’t work. Before I knew it, we were in the car. I really hope no one noticed how fast we were moving. That would’ve been hard to explain.

“You just can’t be… it’s been all my life with her...” I stated out loud. My wolf finally broke into my thoughts.

“You think that’s going to make everything better? You practically just told her that you didn’t want her. You may live without her, but I won’t.” he growled at me. I’ve never heard him so upset with me.

“We don’t even know her.” I tried to argue, knowing deep down I would fail.

“You have no idea, but going on loving that bitch and you’ll see what happens to my TRUE mate.” And with that, I knew he was done talking.

“You don’t understand,” I said to Ocie.

After she said that Winter probably had left by now, I knew that we had to drive a good forty-five minutes in silence. This was going to be hard. I knew exactly how she was feeling. My heart literally hurt. It was just so hard for me to accept. I can’t love her and love Ocie at the same time. That just wouldn’t work.

When we began the drive home, my wolf chimed in.

“I know exactly what would make you not leave her behind for that idiot.” He said sordidly.

“You can’t do anything to me...” I said, knowing there was one thing, but even he wasn’t that dumb… was he?

“Oh, yes I can. You can pretty much call it done.” With that, I knew I wouldn’t be hearing from my wolf again.

Being part wolf, part human can be tricky sometimes. If you wolf doesn’t agree with what’s happening around you, he doesn’t have to let you change to wolf form. It’s like split personality. However, that isn’t really a big deal when you a regular were. When you’re an Alpha’s son… that was a different story. Only in emergency could I change now.

I was supposed to be Alpha in two months. There was no way to accept being an Alpha except to change into wolf form… This just didn’t mess up my love life; it just messed up my future as lead…