Chapter Seven.

This chapter is seriously long. There wasn't a good stopping point, so I just didn't. (: I hope everyone likes it. I know that there are more than my friends having interest in the book. I want to thank each one of you for reading. You don't know how much it means to me!

You're the best! I am almost to 100 reads on chapter 1! I cannot wait. You guys make it worth it.

Enjoy! (:

**********

Chapter Seven.

Raylan’s POV

I still had Nathanial by the neck when she bolted. She ran almost as fast as I do. Winter didn’t know what to do. She still stood there waiting for a release from me. I did so silently in my head. She ran after her. We both knew it was too late. By the time Winter got to the door, she was gone. She was probably in her car by now.

Winter came jogging back over towards me. I didn’t have time for her or him. I let him fall to the ground without looking back. I didn’t want him to give me a reason to change in front of the on looking humans.

“Don’t blame her” Winter spat.

“Excuse me, maybe you forgot who your under? I’m the Alpha, remember?”

“You’re not the Alpha yet. Not everyone, but I do know, that without her, you can’t be Alpha. Don’t look at me like I’m the bad person. You don’t know how different she is since that day. You’re at fault. Whether you’re my Alpha or not, you are wrong and what you did was wrong. I am her best friend. I know what she needs and what she doesn’t. God couldn’t have put a more stupid mate in front of her. You don’t deserve her.” With a whip of her hair and the grabbing of her and Ocie’s things, she stormed off.

For one, she should know better to talk to me like that. Second, she was right. I rejected her for Paisley. That was mistake number one. The second was putting detail on her without letting her know. The third was maybe punching Nathanial, but he had it coming.

Sawyer walked up to me and asked what I wanted to do.

“I’ll fix this, one way or another, I’ll fix this.” I quietly explained.

I ran to get in my truck. She probably had twenty minutes on me. I had no idea where she would be. This wasn’t going to be easy.

Ocie’s POV

As I ran, I didn’t really have a master plan. I knew one place in the world I felt safe. As I turned my car on, a song came on the radio I hasn’t heard in a long time. Before all this nonsense started, I used to sing so loud all the way home. That with the added time I was going to get with my horses, I made my way home.

The barn was quite. He was waiting on me. He knew every Friday we went on a big ride down the creek. It was weird that a horse would want another animal riding it. Horses are usually very weary of us and don’t let us ride them. We can keep them as pets, but there are only a few that are comfortable with you riding them. With each horse, you must change in front of them to see if they can handle it. The first time I changed, Junior just looked like he was curious. I knew he was my horse from then on.

After saddling him up, I hopped on. I knew Raylan was on his way. We broke out in a gallop. He loved these days. I was a quick healer, so if he ever threw me off, I always got back on. When we ran, I never feared though. He was a great horse. It was too bad he wasn’t a were, I would’ve loved to see the man he could’ve been. I guess he sensed that and threw his head back. We might not be able to communicate through words, but we had many conversations.

I was just letting the air hit me when I realized we weren’t in our land anymore. Junior maybe fast, but he is horrible with directions. He needed guiding and I had tuned out just letting him guide me. Just when I realized this, Junior reared up. I thought I was going to fall off, but I put him in his place. He calmed down enough to have all hooves on the ground again.