Tomorrow

~ Approximately One Year Later ~

Frank's POV

Its been one year since Gerard's breakdown. He's recovered tremendously. I don't know how, but he did it. He's better. He's being checked out by some distant relatives tomorrow. I'm on my way to tell him the good news.

*knock knock knock*

"Come in, Frankie!"

"GeeBear!"

He runs into my outstretched arms and snuggles into me.

"I love you, darling."

"I love you too."

"Guess what? I've got good news."

"What is it?"

"Well, tomorrow you are going to be-"

The alarm blares, cutting me off.

A fire?

"Gee we've got to get out!"

We both run out of the room. The elevator is a definite no. We'll have to take the stairs. We rush into the stairwell. Holding hands, we run down the steps. We're three flights down when we hit a spot of fire blocking away. I look down. If I we could just...

"Gee! We have to jump down to the next flight!"

"I- I don't- I can't."

"It'll be ok! I won't let you fall."

I can't let him fall, theres still four more flights. He wouldn't make it. I'll have to catch him. Can I know for sure that I will? Yes. Yes, I can.

"I'll go first and then I'll catch you ok?"

He nods and his sweaty red hair falls in his face.

I swing down a barely make it to the next flight below us.

"Come on, Gee! I know you can do it." I call up to him.

He jumps. I reach out, but miss his hands.

Down he falls, but at the last second I grab his hand.

"Give me your other hand!!!" I yell and he obeys.

I'm so glad I work out. Otherwise, shortie little me wouldn't be able to drag Gerard dangling below all the way up. I somehow manage to pull him up and we collapse backwards.

"Gee! Are you ok."

"I- I think s-so."

"Hurry, come on. We've got to get out."

We rush down the last flights of stairs and out the door. Why does Gerard's room have to be on the 7th floor? I can barely breath from running.

~ Hours later ~

Gerard's POV

Frankie and I sit at his house. For some reason I was allowed to come home with him. I suppose because the FaireSide building was badly damaged and I have nowhere else to stay.

"Gee are you ok?"

"I'm fine."

"No, you're not. What is wrong?"

"Y- you promised you would catch me a-and I almost fell."

"So thats what this is about. Gerard, I will never ever let something like that happen again."

"But how do you know?"

"I just do. If anything bad ever happens, I'll be right there by your side. I will always save you ok?"

I reluctantly nod. I believe him.

"Ok, Frankie. I'm sorry."

"Awe, Gee. Don't be. Come here."

He reaches out his arms to me and I lie down in his lap while he strokes my hair.

"Darling, you'll be ok." Frank whispers in my ear.

"You like Pierce The Veil too much for your own good."

He chuckles.

"You love them more than I do."

"Eh, good point."

He grins at me and I grin back.

Frankie kisses me and I pull on his hair deepening the kiss.

I wonder what Frankie wanted to tell me earlier. What could it be? I'm sure its not important enough to break this kiss over. He can always just tell me tomorrow.