Our Mysterious Savior

Frank's POV

I drove as far away as I could from that place as fast as I could drive.

After a little while, I couldn't stand the silence in the vehicle.

"Sir, who are you? What's your name? Why did you rescue us?

What do you want?" I bombarded the man with worried questions.

"First of all." He replied, in a curiously feminine voice. "Don't call me sir.

"Okay... Why?"

"Because..." He paused to take off his hood.

"I'm not a sir." She replied.

My jaw dropped.

That's when I realized that I had never really had any reason to believe it was a guy. I just assumed.

"Cat got your tongue?" She asked.

"Uh-uh No. I just-"

"Thought I was guy?" She asked, a bit annoyed.

"Um, yeah. Sorry. But I still would like my questions answered." I stated bravely.

"I figured that you would. It won't take long. Come to think about it - You could even count the words needed on one hand."

I looked at her, perplexed.

"Um."

"Oh Frank." She laughed.

"Well? Are you going to answer them or not?" I asked, anxiously.

"Frank, my name is Lucille."

I reeled in shock, but she was right - five words. I could count them all on one hand.

Author's Note

Oh I just love cliffhangers, don't you?

Just thought you should know that I haven't started writing the next chapter at all and I have no idea how im going to follow this up.

I think we've established that it is Gerard's ghost friend (the ghost who's consciousness is connected to his. Yeah, he wasn't imagining it. She's 100% real)