I Can See You?

Gerard's POV

"You're kidding!"

"Noooo... My name is Lucille, why would I lie?" She asked.

"Well I um- I don't know. I just can't believe this. You are the Lucille that Gerard speaks of, correct?"

"Indeed." She replied nonchalantly.

"But that's impossible! Gerard said only he could see you." I exclaimed.

"No, not impossible, just unlikely. I myself was surprised that you were able to see me. I was counting on Gerard to see me so I could show him how to lead you both out." She replied.

"But how can I see you?" I asked.

"I'm not entirely sure. Your mind may just have expanded by these recent events." She told me.
Whatever that meant.

I stared at the road in front of me, dumbfounded. After a minute I spoke.

"I guess you really only did need five words."
I gave a half-hearted chuckle.

"Yeah."

"So are you really a ghost? If so then how did you open the door?"

"I am. And I can touch things & people without going through them. Thats an urban legend."

"There are so many times when we could have used you! You could have rescued us long ago! Why the hell didn't you!?!"

"I can't do it very often because I have to concentrate extremely hard. It also uses a great deal of energy to pick up things and move objects.
Right now I am feeling quite exhausted just from opening the door and giving you the note. I also just used that power recently."

I formed my mouth into a round shape
"Oh." I said. I still think she could have saved us sooner., But its better not to piss off a ghost.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry for going off on you like that."

"It's alright. Frank, turn off here. You can't go home they'll find you. You must find a hotel. We need a place to rest & eat & heal."

"Alright." I took the exit.

As I pulled into the hotel parking lot, I realized something.

"Lucille, we have no money." I said bluntly.

She made a face and shakily opened the glove compartment.
Inside was several stacks of bills.
She handed me a 100 dollar bill.

"Just one room. Pay for as many nights as you can with that." She told me.

I opened the door and she gasped.
When I turned around, she was hunched over.

"What's wrong?"

"S-so tired." She whispered.

"Wait here, I'll check into the hotel and then come back for you and Gerard."

She nodded.

---

After I checked into the hotel, I came back to the car. Lucille and Gerard were both asleep. I first picked up Gerard and brought him to the room.
I unlocked the door and lay him on the bed before going back for Lucille.

For a ghost, she's pretty heavy.

When I lay her on the couch she snapped awake.

"Whats going on?"

"You passed out, but it's okay now. You're in the hotel with Gerard and I. For now we are all safe."

She smiled then nodded back off to sleep.

After that, I myself lay down on the bed next to Gerard and fell fast asleep.