The barista and the soldier (part 2)

"Will you go out with me?" John asked.

"Will I--you want--you--err--" Sherlock stuttered, completely lost for words.

"Make it easier for you" John said with a small chuckle and slipped out his phone and began typing whilst Sherlock watched carefully, his cheeks tinted pink.

Will you go out with me-JW

John smiles up at him once he sent the text and watched Sherlocks blush deepen as e he read the text, nodding enthusiastically as he typed his reply much to John's amusement.

Sorry, yes of course-SH

Settled then, where shall I meet you?-JW

"John?" Sherlock chuckled nervously.

"Yes beautiful?" John said with a soft smile.

"We can-- um talk I mean, we can talk" he said nervously, indications his finger between him and John to explain himself better.

"I know, shall I meet you here then when you finish work tomorrow?" John offered politely.

"Um, I don't work Thursday's, shall I give you my address, it's not too far from here" Sherlock hurried out with his words, stumbling I've them slightly.

"Sounds good, so when're do you live?"

"Two two one B Baker Street" Sherlock said as if the line was engraved into his soul.

John smiled and lifted Sherlocks hand pressing a gentle kiss to his knuckles before placing it down again.

"See you then Sherlock!" He called as he walked out the door with a military style wave at Sherlock, leaving the barista blushing and flustered.

Sherlock got to his empty flat in Baker Street late that night having stayed to help clean up the cafe and the machines, he then took a long ride on his bike, a small 50cc Vespa in midnight blue.

When he got in he hung up his coat, that was over his work uniform and took off his matching open face helmet leaving his unruly curls to fall messily over his eyes but the whole time he wore a happy smile, living as though in a day dream constantly. He was jumped back into reality when his red setter jumped up at him, running from the living room area.

"Hello Redbeard!" He cooed affectionately, scratching the backs of his ears so that red beards tail wagged and his back leg kicked at the ground.

He changed out of his work uniform and the polo shirt he had to wear and slipped into his blue t-shirt and blue pajama bottoms, before making himself a cup of tea and drinking it in his chair, opposite the plaid one that sat there still, empty, but maybe not forever.

Once he was done he cleaned up his dishes and dried everything, hanging the cup back onto rack alongside the others and then heading down the hallway to his bedroom, Redbeard trotting happily alongside him.

He untucked the soft white sheets and climbed in and Redbeard settled down into the spare space next to him, his fur smelling of coconut shampoo that Sherlock always washed him in, his weight soft and comforting.

Sherlock received a text on his phone and reached over to his bedside cabinet unlocking it.

Sleep well Sherlock, I'll meet you at 11:00am tomorrow-JW

Okay, goodnight John, see you tomorrow-SH

Sherlock smiled and settled back down next to Redbeard, running a hand through his thick coat.