Skin

"--lady small" I said with a smile, I was certain I knew.

"Sorry, who, that's not lady small" Magnussen said with confusion.

But that was when she turned around and then I knew. The only deduction I see now is that she was a liar, written all over her. Who are you Mrs Morstan?

It was all in slow motion, her finger tightening on the trigger, the bullet pushing through the air out the end, no time to move or calculate my action. I entered my mind palace looking for an answer on how to make it out of this alive. I can't hurt die.

"Their must be something in this place of yours that can calm you down" Mycroft sneered, gesturing with his hands to the morgue in my mind.

And I ran, I raced stairs. John.

When I heard that sound
When the walls came down
I was thinking about you
About you
When my skin grows old
When my breath runs cold
I'll be thinking about you
About you

I opened the door to your wing to be faced by the person that separated me from you. Mary.

She shot me again, and it hurts so badly, the pain tearing through just near my heart. Goodbye John.

Seconds from my heart
A bullet from the dark
Helpless, I surrender
Shackled by your love
Holding me like this
With poison on your lips
Only when it's over
The silence hits so hard

Run again and Redbeard. My childhood pet. Oh Redbeard I miss you.

"They're putting me down too now, it's not fun is it?" I say with a pained chuckle. I'm so sorry John for letting you down.

'Cause it was almost love, it was almost love
It was almost love, it was almost love

Remember our first case, a study in pink, if you hadn't been there I would have died. I never thanked you enough.

Shock rages through my body and I'm shaking all over on the cold corridor ground. White blazing in my eyes smelling like my blood mixed with the bleach of the corridor floor.

When I heard that sound
When the walls came down
I was thinking about you
About you
When my skin grows old
When my breath runs cold
I'll be thinking about you
About you

I got up again. I raced down the stairs. A place I hid my emotions and heart from the world. Down to the place where I chained up the piece of me that is Moriarty.

"How do you not feel it? How do you not feel pain!?" I demanded at him and he suddenly raced at me screaming in my face and the shock pulsed through me and the pain grew even more intense.

"You always feel it but you don't have to fear it!" And I collapsed to the padded floor as he tangled himself into his chains and out again.

I closed my eyes, I can't go on any longer. My body's shutting down. Goodbye John. For real this time. The pains real now.

When I run out of air to breathe
It's your ghost I see
I'll be thinking about you, about you
It was almost love, it was almost...