I will be your hero baby

Let me be your hero

Your so pure in the moonlight as you sway to your violin; delicate like ancient pottery or a glass painting. It's 2 am in the morning and maybe I should be annoyed that you kept me up instead of sleeping but to see this sight, I would spend forever in eternal wake to watch you glide.

Would you dance if I asked you to dance?
Would you run and never look back?
Would you cry if you saw me crying?
Would you save my soul tonight?

A study in pink, as I called it, I remember the time before i met you, suicidal, broken, a soldier who never came home. There was a reason that I kept that gun. But you saved the use and instead the bullet went to save a life instead of take one.

Would you tremble if I touched your lips?
Would you laugh? Oh, please tell me this.
Now would you die for the one you love?
Hold me in your arms, tonight.

You turned around to see me, and I approached you carefully, I think you've known for some time my growing attraction to you. That evergreen love that I never knew I could possess. I reached up to silence you, my index finger pressed delicately to your bottom lip and I felt your breath hitch and shudder at my touch.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

I slide my hand to your hair and I give you chance to move away and I don't imagine it that you move closer, closing the space between us. Lips meeting softly and slowly before pulling away again.

Would you swear that you'll always be mine?
Would you lie? Would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
I don't care. You're here tonight.

Where ever you go, whatever road this life takes us, I'll be there each step of the way, never letting go of your hand, never out of step to your long strides, never going to leave your side.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

Cuts and bruises, muddied up shoes, and every new mark on your body is treasures. Like the artist paintbrush to a canvas, so delicate and irreversible but so so beautiful. I lean up and press a kiss to the small bruise and cut that is above your left brow.

Oh, I just want to hold you.
I just want to hold you, oh, yeah.

Cradled in my arms. Can you hear my heart beating? I give all of me over to you.

Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
Well, I don't care. You're here tonight.

Just your blogger, your knight in rusty armor, always peering over your shoulder, pressing myself even closer.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain, oh, yeah.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

(I can be your hero, baby)
I can be your hero.
I can kiss away the pain.
And I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

As you did on that first night, a sight that made me forget how to breathe, so young and fragile and delicate.

I can be your hero.

"Heroes don't exist" but if they do, you are mine.