Take my hand

A/N: so I listened to twenty one pilots cover of can't help falling in love whilst writing this so I recommend that whilst reading xx also this is a short one!

Fingers dancing across surfaces as they pass, you don't even realise you do it, and when you catch yourself the movement ceases as though it never happened. Same as when you catch my eye, just a flicker of something before you look away, go back to the severed foot in the fridge that you got from Molly at the morgue.

Each morning and I see you wearing pyjamas, softened with wear and you look soft and so so delicate yet gentle. Your fingers dancing yet again gently over the countertop as you wait for the kettle to boil.

I know you well enough now, the movement a memento from the calming hours you cradle your violin against your neck, the way your left collar bone is slightly more prominent than that of your right from years of the  flames maple wood caressing the skin of your neck, the way the fingers of your left hand, all but your thumb are calloused, nails minutely dented when you are in a particular fit of rage and the strings dig just hard enough to reach your nails and leave small crescents in the tips.

I know the movement calms you, almost as much as it calms me to see your breathing after all we've been through. After all I've seen...everything I think I've seen. Could have sworn...

"Take my hand!"

And I did then and I'll do it again, I'll follow you to the end of the Earth because I can't help falling in love with you.

And I know how those fingers feel, dancing across the skin on the back of my hand, I know how the thumb feels sweeping across my own calloused skin.

How you move like a river flows your gracefulness defined and smooth, your whole appearance screaming untouchable but underneath, under the shell.

Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life too, cuz I can't help falling in love with you. No I can't help. Falling in love with you.