Chapter 1: Yona's 16th birthday.

"Lord Soo-Won, Lady Yuki." A guard said, opening the door to the carriage, "We have arrived."

"Hehe, "Lady Yuki" are you ready?" Soo-Won asked with a smirk, stepping out of the carriage.

"Tsk, shouldn't it be "Lord Yuki"!?" The girl with white hair fumed, hating that title. She took a step outside of the carriage, instantly feeling the cobblestone street underneath her feet. She looked up at the red castle and let out a sigh.

"You really don't like it when others call you that, huh?" Soo-Won taunted.

"Would you like it if somebody called you 'Man Soo-Won'? It would sound pretty dumb, right?" Yuki asked, staring blankly at him.

"I guess..." Was his reply.

"Well, let's go. We don't have all day." She said, standing behind him, ready to follow him.

"Alright. Yuki, are you sure you want to do this?" He asked while looking her in the eyes.

"Yes, for this country, I wouldn't care if I had to kill my own brother. You know that." She replied blankly again.

"I see... Thank you." He smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go, we don't want the princess getting mad." Yuki mumbled and pushed Soo-won forward. He laughed and started walking.

They walked through the castle, greeting the people that they passed. They were about to turn a corner, but Yona ran into Soo-Won.

"Be careful." Soo-won warned. "You're doing well as usual, princess Yona." He had a fake smile on his face.

Yona's mouth was open because she was shocked, causing Yuki to chuckle at the sight. Which, in return, caused Yona to glare at Yuki.

"What's wrong? You're panicking." Soo-won asked, a concern look on his face as he stared at Yona.

"I heard you arrived, so I came to receive you," Yona answered, her face already red from blushing.

"That's your cousin..." Yuki thought, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Wow, how admirable of you." Soo-Won praised Yona. He smiled while petting Yona's head.

"Y-you'll stay around longer this time, right?" Yona asked.

"Of course! I came for your birthday, which is a week from now." Soo-won chirped. "Speaking of your birthday, you'll be turning 16, huh? You've gotten so big," He said, still petting her head like a dog. He stopped and looked around. "Where is emperor Il and Hak?"

Soo-Won walked away, Yuki following close behind as Yona stood there alone.

Next day.

"Ah! Yuki! Me and Hak are going to ride the horses, do you want to come?" Soo-won asked, looking up at the two girls, Yuki and Yona.

Yuki froze when she realized she was daydreaming while eating an apple. "I guess I can watch..." She trailed off in a bored tone.

"Yay!" Soo-won smiled. He dragged Yuki with him to where they were going to ride the horses. She tried telling him she could walk on her own, but he didn't listen and kept dragging her.