Chapter 6: The News of the Departed

Yuki woke up early that morning; like every day, she woke up much earlier than anybody else; 3:00am. She changed her clothes and went out to train. She would wake up early every morning like this for as long as she could remember. Somehow, the night calmed her; it made everything feel numb, no more pain... And she liked the feeling. However, this morning was rather unsettling for her for whatever reason.

She trained for a hour then went on patrol, she checked everything, making sure that the uneasy feeling was... Only a feeling.  She only wished that she was wrong, but she rarely was wrong when it came to that gut feeling something bad was about to happen. She wished, just this once, it was wrong- that she was wrong.

By 5:00am, she headed back to the castle and went straight to her room.

"It's just in my mind, nothing's wrong." She muttered to herself as she wiped the sweat off and changed into:

" She muttered to herself as she wiped the sweat off and changed into:

She tied her hair back and quickly ran out of her room. She ran through the halls to the kitchen. Once she got just outside of the kitchen, she hid behind the door way and poked her head into the kitchen, the maids and cooks were running around, getting ready. Her mouth started watering as the smell of food hit her nose. As she tried to get closer to the good smelling food, a hand grabbed the hood of her clothing and pulled her away as she whined and the cooks and minds giggled at the two.

"Soo-won~ I just wanted some food~" Yuki playfully whined as Soo-won dragged her to the dinning hall.

"You can wait a little while more, Yuki." Soo-won said, amused by her childish behavior.

"Fine." Yuki sighed, standing up and walking behind Soo-won as they made their way to the dinning hall. "Why are you up so early?" She asked, tilting her head a little to the right, she rested her left hand on her sword as they walked as she felt that uneasy feeling again.

Soo-won glanced over his shoulder and took notice of the way she walked and her hand, which was tightening around her sword. Even the look on her face said something was wrong. He decided to ignore it as she would tell him if something happens and continued to walk.

"You do realize it's 6 in the morning, don't you?" He asked, the nice mood from before disappearing as Yuki bloodlust started flowing out of her as they turned around the corner to see the person she hated most; Kan Soo-jin, the general of the fire tribe. Soo-won, knowing how much the two hated each other, stood in front of Yuki. "What brings you here, General Kan Soo-jin?" Soo-won smiled, trying to be polite.

"Soo-won," Kan Soo-jin addressed and bowed. "It's good to see you again." He stood up straight and glared at the small figure hiding behind Soo-won. "Ha, the great general of the wind tribe is indeed a coward?" He scoffed.