Chapter 17: Nightmares

Inside of a nightmare.

Blood was everywhere. Oh the smell of the blood was so sweet. Screams of pain echoed throughout the air. However, the sounds of the whip hitting against skin seemed so much louder than the screams. The chains rattling against the stone floor each time the whip hit the person was so very wonderful to the man's ears.

"Please stop!" A little boy begged, "I'll do anything! Just stop hurting her!!!!" Unknown to the man in the room, the boy was slowly pulling out the nails from the chains that held him in place.

"You had your chance!" The man yelled, hitting the boy across the face with the whip, shutting the boy up. A slash was left on his little face and blood quickly started flowing out of the cut. He whimpered from the pain and scooted back. Again, the girl that was chained to the ceiling and floor was hit with the whip. She let out an ear piercing, blood curdling scream as the whip slashed across her back.

After what felt like years, the man left the two chained up children. However, before he left, he undid the chains that held the girl's arms up in the air, allowing her to lay on the cold floor that was covered in her own blood.

The floor was so cold. She shivered endlessly as she silently cried. "Why?" She asked the boy, "What... did we ever do... to deserve this...?"

The boy held back the urge to cry when he heard the weakness in her once cheerful voice. "You didn't do anything wrong... This is my fault." The boy answered truthfully, "They just want the power that runs in my veins." Finally, he got all of the nails out, freeing him. He slowly crawled over to the girl, leaving a trail of blood with him. He knew the girl didn't have much time left... He knew that. He brushed the girl's brown hair out of her eyes. He stared into her gray glazed over, nearly lifeless eyes before allowing a tear to roll down his cheek. Those lively and beautiful eyes he used to stare into are now gone. He rolled her over onto her back and placed her head on his lap.

"What... Are you... Doing...?" She weakly asked, trying her best to keep her eyes on him.

"I'm sorry... This is all my fault," He cried, "If I hadn't met you, you wouldn't be suffering like this. If I hadn't... met you, you wouldn't be in this godforsaken place....."

"Allan...?" She coughed out, "Wh... What do you... Mean by t-that...?" She managed to say.

He simply smiled. "I'm sorry..." He muttered.

The door slammed open and the man from earlier stepped in. "What have you done?!!!!" He yelled and kicked the boy away from the girl. The boy slammed into the wall and whimpered from the pain. "What the fuck have you done?!!!" He yelled again, and started kicking the boy's head into the floor.

The girl watched the scene before her. She wanted to move and save her friend, but all she could do was turn over to her stomach. She reached for her friend's hand as he did the same. A pool of blood started forming between the two kids as the boy was beaten over and over. They both started crying.

"Allan..!" The girl tried to yell out.

The boy managed to smile at her and whisper, "It's going to be okay." He managed to reach her pale hand as he was getting beaten, and squeezed her hand weakly.

Her eyes widened as the life left the boy's eyes and his grip on her hand loosened. The pool of blood between them turned black, and that was when everything changed. Tears flooded out of her gray eyes as they turned red. Her once beautiful brown hair turned into a snowy white and her mind turned off. Everything that happened next was a blur.