Chapter 14: So Close, Yet So Far Away.

Author note: I don't own the picture, I found it online.

The party was too much for Yona so she thought of taking a walk around the town. However, she got lost and was randomly turning corners while trying to find her way back to the group. While turning a corner, she bumped into someone. Thinking to apologize, she looked up at the person she bumped into while standing up.

"I'm sorry-..." She trailed off when her eyes landed on the person in front of her.

"Yona...?" The man in front of her mumbled, questioning his eyes. His eyes were wide with shock and fear. If Yona was alive, so was Hak. "Where's Yuki?" He thought, the fear and dread he felt before increasing greatly.

"Soo-Won...?" Yona muttered, her fear showing shock as well.

Before anything else could be done or said, a loud voice echoed through the town, "Your Majesty!"

Yona tired to run away when she realized whom the voice belonged to. However, Soo-Won quickly grabbed her arm and hid her inside his cloak.

"Your Majesty! You shouldn't run off on your own like that!" The voice from earlier scolded as he came into view.

"Haha... I'm sorry Han Joo-Doh." Soo-Won nervously apologized as he looked over his shoulder at his bodyguard. "I was only looking around." He explained.

Han Joo-Doh was about to open his mouth to argue with his king before he saw another pair of feet underneath Soo-Won's cloak. Misunderstanding the situation, Han Joo-Doh quickly apologized and took his leave. Making Soo-Won sweat drop.

Releasing his hand that was overtop of Yona's hand, which was on the handle of his sword, he let her go. Yona's knees gave out as she stared at him.

Soo-Won bent down to her eye level and asked, "Have you seen Yuki?" His voice was filled with worry and concern, his bright green eyes adding to the worrying look.

Fear filled Yona quickly once she heard that name. Believe it or not, Yuki was the person she feared most. Yona clearly knew how strong Hak was now and yet, Yuki was able to beat him when she was 10-years-old. That horrified Yona. If Yuki were to come after them, would they survive such a monstrous attack? She wasn't sure and did not wish to find out. Knowing that Yuki was in Awa, and that Soo-Won and Han Joo-Doh were here as well, terrified her. Taking everything she had inside of her, she slowly shook her head, indicating that she had not seen Yuki.

Soo-Won sighed when he saw the expression on his younger cousin's face, feeling horrible that she was that scared. But a part of him was glad that Yona and Yuki had not met, hopefully Hak hadn't ran into her.

"Goodbye, Yona." Soo-Won sadly said farewell. He turned his back and went the way he came from, going back to his search for Yuki and checking out the town.

Yona watched her cousin's back disappear as tears fell from her eyes. "Yuki... Is here? Was... Was she working for Kum-Ji...?" She thought, covering her mouth with her hand as she loudly cried.
...
...
...

Well, today is the day Yona and the group leaves, disappointed that Jae-Ha won't be joining them. They all stood by the gate of Awa, saying their goodbyes.

Jae-Ha, however, walked around town. He gave up his hopes of finding Kyo. His eyes looked gazed over, with a million thoughts running around in his head. The only thing that snapped him out of his self-pitying/blaming himself for what happened, was a tap on his shoulder.
...
...

Two days ago. Back at the cave where the two unknown people were hiding. The blond male sat impatiently next to the unconscious girl with his left arm rested on his knee. Finally losing his patience with the situation, he grabbed a stick and started poking the girl in the ribs with the stick.

"Heeeeeeeey. Zeno is borrrrrrreeeeeddddd." The male whined.

The girl's face turned into a frown as her eyebrows twitched, clearly feeling the annoying poking. Before she even opened her eyes, her left hand snapped up and broke the stick with no problem.

The male, now known as Zeno, gasped in fake surprise at her strength. He started clapping and praised her strength.

"Where..." The girl muttered as she opened her eyes, only to see bright blue eyes staring at her while clapping like an idiot. "No... Who are you?" She asked in a harsh voice, since she hadn't drank anything in days.

Zeno pointed to himself as a smile grew across his face. "I'm Zeno!" He exclaimed happily.

The girl slowly sat up and blinked her eyes a couple of times before she mumbled, "Nice... To meet... You... Zeno."

"What's your- Oh wait! Water! You need water!" Zeno stammered and started staggering around the cave before running to the lake outside.

The girl deadpanned and mentality face-palmed. "Shatter brain." She thought, reaching up to her neck. "It's so sore." After looking around the cave and seeing the sunlight outside, a thought passed through her mind, "How... How long have I been unconscious? Have I been kidnapped by that man?" When the last thought pass, she quickly looked around for her daggers. Figuring that they fell into the ocean when she did, she felt disappointed. She shouldn't find her masks or anything of hers. The only thing she had left were the clothes she had on.

Moments later, Zeno came running back into the cave with a cup of water.

"Here!" He chirped as he handed her the cup, proud that he got water.

"Thank you." The girl muttered while grabbing the cup. She quickly drank the water, feeling the liquid flow down her dry throat. She let out a sigh when she was finished drinking and put down the cup to her side.

Zeno went back to his seat, which was to the right of the girl. "So... Miss, what's your name?" He asked, a huge grin on his face.

The girl glanced over at Zeno from the corner of her eyes, wondering if she was really kidnapped or not. "Maybe I shouldn't have drank that water?" She inwardly laughed at how stupid she was for not even thinking before she drank it. "Poison wouldn't have too much of an effect on me, so I'll be fine... Hopefully." She thought, mentality sweat dropping, however, her thoughts were ended by Zeno waving his hand in front of her face.

"Hello? Miss? Did you hit your head?" He asked, waving his hand rapidly in front of her.

The girl sighed and grabbed his hand, stopping him. "I probably did hit my head, but there has always been something wrong up there." She joked, causing Zeno to laugh.

"Good one, Miss. But... What's your name?" He asked.

The girl thought it over... Zeno didn't seem to want to hurt her and judging from the poorly treated wounds, she's guessing he saved her. "My name is... Yuki..." She trailed off, feeling bitter about that name. "But... I go by many names. Call me..." She thought of what name she wanted to go by...

"How about Zero?" Zeno suggested.

Yuki blinked, not knowing how to reply. "Zero... Zeno? They sound really similar... Wait! Is he just trying to name me after himself? I... I think there's something more wrong with his head than mine..." She thought, scooting away.