Chapter 4: Memories - Part two

"I've made it." King Il smilied as he stepped into the room with the four sick children.

"Why father...?" The princess asked, shocked as to why her father would come.

"I've been worried sick about you, so I came to see how you were doing." He responded as he sat down. "Then I heard you wanted a midnight snack. So I thought I would whip up your favorite food..." He paused and smiled, "...as an apology for not coming to see you until now." He started to chuckled as he continued, "Though I made it without following the recipe... I'm sorry."

Yona face was full of happiness as she started to eat the horrible food her Father made her.

"Oh?" The King questioned, confused. "Didn't you say it tasted awful?"

Yona smiled as tears fell down her face, "It's really awful." She answered.

Hak and Soo-Won glanced at each other, both were smiling... While Yuki was rubbing her eyes and looking around tiredly.

***

"Ah... We got better!" Yona yelled, while she, Hak, Soo-won, and Yuki sat on the steps of the castle. Yona sat in the middle, Soo-won on her right, Hak on the left, and Yuki sat behind them, sightly more towards Soo-won.

"It sounds like you regret it, Princess." Hak scoffed, glancing over his shoulder to make sure Yuki didn't run off yet.

"Not really." Yona retorted, leaning back on her hands.

"I regret it." Soo-won piped in, looking up at the clouds.

"Because you can't sleep by the Princess's side?" Hak joked.

"No, I always sleep by Yona's side." Soo-won stated.

"EH!?" Hak yelled in surprise.

Soo-won smiled. "I want to... Always and forever..." Yona glanced over at him. "Rest together like we did when we had our colds."

"No..." Hak muttered. "Even if we don't catch colds... It can be simple. As long as we're together."

"That's right." Yona smiled. "Soo-won, Hak, Yuki... Come over to play tomorrow, too."

"Do I have to come?" Yuki asked. "I don't like it here...."

"Then I'll come without you." Hak scoffed. "You don't want to be alone with the old man, right?"

Yuki shrugged, "Better than dealing with this big castle." She looked around with a disgusted face.

Soo-won looked sad and muttered, "Please come back? I'll show you the town...?"

"Wouldn't there be people?" Yuki mumbled and yawned. "That's too much trouble..."

***
A/n: Soo-won is 16, Hak is 15, Yona is 13, and Yuki is 11.
***

"Hak! Hey Hak!" Mundok yelled.

"Hm?" Hak responded, sitting up.

"You brat. The meeting of the five tribes was today, and I told you that you had to attend as a member of the wind tribe, didn't I?" Mundok asked, standing above Hak.

"As long as Lady Yuki, the head of the Wind tribe and the 5th general of Kouka Kingdom, and you, the great Lord Mundok attends the meeting..." Hak took a bite of his apple and continued, "...that's all that matters. Besides... If I had to listen to that bubbly Emperor Il..."

"You stupid boy!!!" Mundok yelled. "Call me Grandpa, not Lord Mundok!"

"You're bringing that up here!!? You and I aren't related by blood, right!!?" Hak retorted.

"What about blood!!?" Mundok yelled again. "Something like that is powerless against love!!" The two started kicking each other.

King Il sweat dropped. "Now, now..." He said. "If a fight breaks out between you two, Hiryuu castle will be blown away, won't it?"

"It's Emperor Il!" Mundok freaked out and quickly bowed.

"Crap, I said he was bubbly...." Hak sweat dropped.

"Oh, you don't have to bow." Emperor Il referred to the bowing Mundok. He then turned back to Hak, smiled, "It's been a long time, Hak. It's lonely without you and Yuki coming over to play at the castle like you did long ago."

Hak smiled nervously and put his hand behind his head. "Well, it's not right for commoners like us to come and go as we please."

King Il smiled, "Don't worry about that. Yona gets lonely without you here, too."

Hak gave him a closed eye smiled as he said, "You bubbly lier."

"Bubbly?" King Il questioned. "Plus," he waved it off, "Yuki is the head of the wind tribe now, not a commoner."

"What's bubbly?!!" Mundok hit Hak in the back of the head with his fan, causing Hak to fall down. "This insolent brat isn't my grandchild anymore!!!! Why can't you behave like Yuki!!!?"

"I told you we weren't related by blood!!! And stop comparing me to her!" Hak screamed.

"Don't be violent towards him, I like that honestly of Hak's." King Il said while handing Hak a steamed bun. "So, why don't you come live at the castle as Yona's permanent bodyguard?"

"I wouldn't be able to take afternoon naps if I became her bodyguard." Hak said with a smile on his face. "Why don't you ask Yuki? She is, after all, the head of the wind tribe, and the youngest general in Kouka history."

The king frowned. "She has already agreed to be Soo-won's bodyguard. Plus, you and Yona get along better."

"What?" Both Mundok and Hak asked, shocked by the sudden news.