Chapter 1

PLEASE NOTE MANY OF THESE CHARACTERS AND PLACES BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN! THEY ARE NOT MY OWN!

It was winter at camp half blood, and most of the campers had just come back from their house because it was Christmas time. Ellie was one of these campers. However she had to come back to camp early, because she had gotten sick, and was in no condition to fight monsters. She was safe in the magical borders of camp.

However Percy had to pay for this. He had only stayed with his mom a day, because he lived so close to camp. Through all hours of the night Ellie was sniffling and coughing, and sometimes throwing up. Percy constantly wondered why she wasn't in the infirmary. She had asked to a couple of times, but all the Apollo kids said she would be fine, and it wasn't necessary.

Now Ellie was even worse than usual. She would barely move... ever. She was also never hungry, and would only do anything when Percy made her, and even that took a lot of pestering.

No monsters had come into camp since Ellie's birthday, which was good thing, but she told Percy a couple of dreams, when she was feeling up to it, with Gaea talking to her.

Percy told Annabeth a couple, who told Chiron, which meant the whole camp was high alert at all times. Training time was tripled for everyone, which a lot of people weren't to happy about.

* * * * * *

POV ELLIE

I was feeling a little better today, I was actually sitting up and eating, and talking, and even laughing.

"Percy, i'm... I'm scared."

"Of what" he replied

"I can't stop thinking about my birthday. That day Gaea talked to me. That's the real reason I haven't been doing much of anything. I mean I am sick, but I'm terrified I won't make it to fifteen."

"Ellie don't worry, no monsters have even been seen around camp borders the past eight months."

"And why do you think that is? Maybe because they gave up, but thats not likely. It's probably because they are all teaming up and waiting for the right time to attack. I can't leave for a while no matter what condition i'm in."

"But..."

"Percy you know i'm right. I have the all of 'the big threes' in my blood. I'm like a monster magnet..." she started having a coughing attack.

"Ellie how long have you been sick like this?"

"About two weeks. Why?"

"Well the Apollo kids you would be better by now. At least getting better if this was just an ordinary flu. You're not anywhere near better. If anything worse."

"Yes...and your point." I say between coughs.

"Did you by any chance encounter any monsters while you were at home?"

"Well there was those grain monsters, and that harpy and... the drakon." I say the last one quieter so Percy doesn't get upset, but that didn't work.

"A drakon!! Ellie you promised you'd come back to camp when something big happened."

"I... I know, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I opened the front door and it was looking at me. My dad had just gotten home, and ran over its tail with the car. I took out my sword and stabbed it while it was distracted."

"Ellie you promised! Now look at you."

"Percy nothing happened. Nothing went wrong. I'm just..."

"You're not just sick. It's more than that, even if it wasn't the monsters." he says getting up and leaving.

He's going to talk to the Apollo kids, again. I let out a sigh. Percy has been so distracted lately. There's something else going on other than me, but I can't very well figure it out when I'm bedridden like this.

I will a cup of water in my hand. I haven't drunken anything in like three days, maybe that's why i'm not getting better. I drink the cup and about twenty others. I feel so much better. I get up and take a shower, brush my teeth, do something with my hair, and put some clothes on, along with my camp necklace. This year the bead had all of the gods symbols if the ones I was related to.

After i'm done getting ready, I look out of the window and see Perch dragging a girl behind him. It's Margo. She's the girl from Apollo who usually takes care of me even though she's only ten.

Percy comes through the door with Margo right behind. "Ellie? What... How?"

Margo has really matures these last few months. "Mr. Jackson, I will have you know there is a rule against pretending there is an emergency."

I laugh a little. "But she was..."

"i'm sure she was, now why don't you get some rest you've been up later, and working harder than usual lately."

I burst out laughing right after Margo leaves.

"What the heck are you doing?"

"I was dehydrated." I say bluntly

"I was only gone ten minutes. How?"

"I don't know, but I hear training has been bumped up so should we go?"

"No! You were just sick for two weeks you can't just start training."

"Well what am I supposed to do? Just sit around and do nothing all day? I'm not going to do that." I start walking out.

"Helen Claire Johnson get back here immediately! We are not done with this!"

I ignore him and walk to the sword fighting arena, where I find Leo. Percy finally agreed to us being together.

"Hey babe" he says coming up behind me and hugging me. I turn around and kiss him.

"Hey" I say giving him another kiss.

He looks into my eyes. "How's my little angel fish doing today?"

"She's doing better than before." I say smiling.

"Oh ya you were sick yesterday. Yuck." he says whipping off his lips.

"Ah, Ellie, you're feeling better I see. Wonderful. Training must start right away." says Chiron.

"Oh we'll see about that." says Percy walking up. Oh. My. gods. "you need to go back to the cabin and get some rest young lady."

"Ugh rest. Percy that's all i'm gotten for the past two weeks. I need to get into shape for..."

"You know 100% that you are not ready for this."

"I don't care if i'm ready, I need it, and you know that."

"But..."

"Percy please, i'm tired of us getting into fights all the time. No one wins."

"I... I know but..."

I give him the most puppy dog face I could. It worked. Thank you Aphrodite.

"Alright fine, but if you get sick again don't come crying to me." he says walking away.

I look at Chiron. "Who am I fighting today? Everyone from my age to Percy's age is too easy." I would have expected him to say i'm going against another twenty year old, even though most of them are Aphrodite kids, or Athena kids. Nothing wrong with that, its just Aphrodite kids don't fight all that well, and the Athena kids try to talk their way out of it, which doesn't work.

"Well" says Chiron "I was thinking up could fight me."

"You?" Leo and I say together.

"I've been training demigods for over 300 years, I think I can fight a fourteen year old girl."

"Suit yourself." I say getting out my sword. He goes to a closet on the side of the room and grabs a sword.

We fight each other for about 45 minutes, and by then i'm drenched in sweat. I end up disarming him. He looks impressed. "Seems as though you haven't lost your touch, and... neither have I."

"Ha ha." I mock looking down at my watch. "Holy Hephaestus i'm late for water training with Percy. Got to go." I say waving and leaving the arena.