Chapter 13

"Oh my gods Percy you're such an idiot." I say. "C'mon let's take him back to the boat." I start to pick him up and Annabeth comes and helps. We manage to carry him all the way to the boat, but getting him up would be the problem. Eventually everyone comes back to the ship and helps put him onto the deck. As soon as we got him on deck, Jason asked "Okay what happened out there?"

Just at that point, it hit me. Percy was stone. Which pretty much felt like he died. He was gone. Then I broke down sobbing. "I'm sorry... It was... It was all my fault."

Annabeth give me a hug. "No it's not your fault. We should've listened when you told us we had to leave."

"It doesn't matter now. He's gone." I say "Now we're all going to die. Unless..."

"What happened!" yelled Piper.

"Want me to explain?" asks Annabeth. I nod, because I don't think I can handle talking about it. She tells the story to everyone on the ship.

"We have to go to the gods." I say just as she finishes.

"What? No." says Annabeth "We can't just leave. It wastes too much time. By the time we get back, Kronos could already have taken over. And then there's the whole 'if' factor. What if the gods can't do anything about it anyway?"

"Well incase you missed the prophecy, it said a brother and sister need to defeat Kronos, which means me and Percy. We can't very well do that, when Percy's a statue!" I say back. Then there'a a long awkward silence of everyone on the ship staring at the two of us.

Finally Leo says "So where are we going?"

"Keep going Leo. We ARE NOT turning around." says Annabeth looking directly at me "There are an extra nine of us to take Percy's place."

"Fine. But when Kronos take over the world, don't blame me." I say walking downstairs and going straight to my room.

I lay in bed, and end up falling asleep. I dream about a cave. We are all in a cave fighting Kronos, and Percy, the stone version was in the corner. One by one Kronos defeated person after person, leaving just me and him. Then he grabs me and throws me across the room. When I hit the wall, I wake up, where I find myself on the floor. When I hit the wall, I must have fallen out of bed. I look at my clock, which says 12:17. Great. I'm never going to be able to fall asleep again. I get up and walk out of my room heading toward the stables. I walk in, and find Annabeth sitting in the middle of the room, looking down at the land below.

"Hey" I say, making Annabeth jump. "You couldn't sleep either?"

She doesn't move. Just keep staring down at the passing towns "My boyfriend is a rock. A big hunk of granite, so no I couldn't sleep."

"Well since you're here, I just wanted to say, i'm sorry about earlier."

"No I'm sorry. I should've listened O don't know what we're going to do now. Just wish for the best of luck I guess."

"Well I can guarantee we need more than that. I had a dream before I came out here. We were all fighting Kronos and we... We all were badly hurt,we lost without Percy. I woke up before it was over."

"I know we need more, but we don't really have more right now. I know this will be hard, but we have to try. Anyway I'm going to try to get some sleep for tomorrow. Night." says Annabeth getting up and leaving the stables, leaving just me. I think about Percy after she's gone. I just realized, we probably had more bad times together than good, but he's still my brother. How am I going to tell this to Sally... I mean mom. End up laying down and falling asleep in the stables.

* * * * * * *

I wake up to someone yelling "Ellie!" I open my eyes to see who it is. It's Piper "Everyone on the boat has been looking for you for hours. We thought you jumped off the boat or something, cause of..."

"You think I would kill myself because Percy is stone?" I ask a little hurt.

"Never mind that. We're here." she says

"Yay" I say

"C'mon" she says grabbing my wrist and dragging me upstairs. On the upper deck, I found that we were landed, and Hazel was off the boat, sitting on some grass with her eyes closed and her hands on the ground. "There's a cave here." she says "But this isn't it. I can't sense any movement...wait..." just then the ground caved in and she along with the whole boat fell into the sink hole.

A/N

Hey guys I haven't really had an authors note in a long time, because I forgot. I am a very forgetful girl. Sorry this chapter is so short. Anyway thanks for all y'allses who have read this far.

Also it would be much appreciated of you guys could ya know like some of these. You guys are really lowering my self esteem.

Jk.

But seriously please don't forget to like! And comment what you think I might be able to do better.

Oh and don't expect much updating this week i'm getting confirmed on Sunday, and I'm really freaking out for examination on Saturday. It would be great for some encouragements.

Thanks again for reading!!!!

~CCla1re