Chapter 9

"Luke!!!" I squeal as I run over to him. He picks me up and we do one of those spinny hug things.

I know what your thinking. Luke as in Luke Castelon, as in the body of Kronos. The son of Hermes. The kid who's dead. Yes this is exactly who it is.

"Hey E-Claire" he says smiling at me.

Percy stares wide eyed at me. "Time to explain" he says

"Well remember that 'friend' I told you about?"

"Yes..."

"Well this is him"

"Alright i'm going to need a little more explaining than that." he says obviously upset. I don't really care how he feels right now. This is the happiest moment of my life.

"Luke and I are cousins from my stepdads side. We lived next door for the first couple of years of my life. I was about four, and Luke about fourteen. Everyday after school Luke would come and play with me. He was my best friend. I didn't have any other friends but that doesn't matter. Then one day when Luke's bus came home, my mom told me I couldn't play with him anymore. He didn't even come over to say hi. I started playing alone then I got bored so for the next couple of months I spied on Luke through his window. He had a sword. A real one and I got scared. Once the mail man was well a Cyclopes. Then one day I tried to find him, but he wasn't at home. He was just gone. That day I shut every one out. I stopped going on play dates my parents made me go to, I shut every one out, even my parents. You could say I hit my teen years when I was five. The only reason I had friends this year is because they wouldn't let me be alone. They just kept talking to me."

"I'm sorry I left. But you know now why I had to leave right. That mail man Cyclopes wasn't looking for me, I was only making your life more dangerous." says Luke

"Yes I understand." I say giving him another hug.

"I have a question." says Percy "HOW IN HADES ARE YOU ALIVE?!?!?!?"

"Hades came to talk to me and said I was needed on earth. Next thing I knew I was here." Luke replied.

"Perseus Jackson!" I hear a girl yell. It's Annabeth.

Percy curses in ancient Greek. "Yes Annabeth" he says in a totally innocent voice.

Annabeth walks in. "I specifically told you to not go in or to let anyone in here. Especially not her." she says gesturing to me. "And I believe I told you not to go anywhere near Percy."

"But..." I try to say

"No buts. Both of you hand over your swords."

"Annabeth..." whines Percy

"Hand them over." she says holding out her hands. Percy and I both hand over our weapons. "You two are both grounded." she says walking out.

"Since when did she become the boss?" I ask.

"I don't know, but I've learned not to cross a girl who can beat you up." replies Percy.

"A girl can beat you up?" asks Luke laughing.

"Annabeth's learned a couple of things since you died. Plus she's my girlfriend, so I can't hit hurt her." says Percy walking out. It seems he doesn't feel the need to guard the door anymore.

"Oh my gods Luke I missed you so much." I say after Percy is gone. I'm pretty sure he would freak out if he found out I missed Luke so much.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys i'm deciding to do an authors note... As you can see. I'm at a loss for ideas. Please comment for some ideas. Thanks don't forget to like!

~CCla1re