Chapter 29

*Percy*

It was lunch now. Ellie was getting antsy. She couldn't sit still. She told me it was just the ADHD, but i'm pretty sure she was just excited. She even ran to give the gods her offering. She started eating as soon as she sat down. "Whoa slow down. Eating faster won't make the plane leave any faster."

"It takes forty five minutes to get to the airport, and its 12:30. That means we have to leave by 12:45 so we have enough time to get to the airport and get through security and find the plane." she says.

"Oh" I say and start picking up the pace. In ten minutes we're done, and out the door. Ellie was grabbing her bags or bag and I was saying good bye to Annabeth and the edge of camp.

"Don't do anything stupid." said Annabeth "And watch out for monsters and..." I interrupt her with a quick kiss. Her face reddens.

"I'll be fine" I say. She hugs me.

"And don't die" she says finishing her statement. I kiss her again, until I hear Ellie say "I'm ready. And you're making this more awkward than it has to be."

Annabeth smiles. "Love you seaweed brain" she says giving me a kiss on the cheek. Ellie rolls her eyes and climbs into the back seat of the car. "Love you too wise girl" I say giving her hug. Then I get into the passenger seat, and Argus starts the car, leaving at exactly 12:45. We were all completely silent for fifteen minutes, until I saw her in the back. Mell was sitting in one of her hands, while she was twirling her camp half blood necklace in the other. I decide not to break the silence. Another fifteen minutes later I turn and see her in the same direction, but this time she says something. "What if there's a monster? What it I get attacked right away?" She says this without looking up

"Then you can come back."

"But what if I don't make it?" she says looking up at me.

"You will"

"But what if..."

"Ellie you'll be fine." she looks back down at her necklace.

"I'm really going to miss you." she says.

"I'm going to miss you too. It'll be lonely at the cabin without you."

She smiles, still looking down. "It's hard to believe a place I've only lived a couple of months already feel like home. And you, already family."

"I know how you feel. Except I went on a quest days after I got there, which, now that I think about it, is totally insane." she laughs. The rest of the way was silent again. We pulled into the airport parking lot, and Ellie and I got out of the car. Mel crawled into Ellie's jacket pocket and she started heading for the door. We walked together all the way, until I couldn't go any farther. "So I guess this is it." she says, practically boring holes into my eyes.

"Yeah, Remember, call or Iris Message every night, and if there's a monster..."

"Percy, like you said earlier: I'll be fine."

"Okay" then she wraps me in a hug. "I love you" she says. I was a little surprised. It's not every day your sister tells you she loves you.

"Love you too" I says hugging her back. Then she pulls away, and heads to her plane. I walk back to the car, where Argus is waiting. He starts up the car, and we head back to camp half blood.

A/N

PLEASE READ THIS!

I hope you all are reading this, because I would just like to say, this is the end. Sorry it was so short. Don't worry, I'll still have a sequel. I can't just end it like that, that would be cruel. Anyway, I hoped you liked it and keep reading the next one. I'll let you know what it will be called in the near future, and give you a sneak peek. I hope you liked it, and don't forget to vote!

~CC1are