chapter 16!!

♡Chapter 16♡

Ebony's POV

I turned back to look at the television, all the rage had returned. I felt like one of my rivals was in the room, see? One little thing can make everything change. Even friendship.

I heard her shuffling and putting all her things away, she had no idea that I was actually despising her in my mind. I actually had no right to be like this, after all, I could be wrong.

"It's a bit silent, huh?" She chuckled, placing herself next to Harry.

"Yup." I agreed, popping the last letter. I didn't look at her, knowing fully well that I was going to burst.

"You okay then?" She smiled, I'm not sure if she had noticed the tension between herself and I yet.

"Peachy." I replied sending her a sarcastic smile.

"What happened with these photos then?"

"Paparazzi."

"Well, no shit sherlock. I mean why is my best friend all over the magazines and stuff." She was still cheery, not sensing my bluntness.

"Best friend?" I raised my eyebrow at her, laughing sarcasticly "So, best friend, heard from your parents?" I gave her a fake smile.

"Uh.. No?" She squinted at me, noticing something was up. Finally.

"How about your Fiancé?" I tilted my head at her, smirking at how pale she'd turned in matter of seconds. She began stuttering but I raised my hand at her face, she'd confirmed my Mothers words "Save it." I laughed while shaking my head at her.

"Ebony, I can explain!" She stood up and I followed her actions, now face to face with her.

"No, Renée, you can't. How could you lie to me when I did nothing but tell you the truth?" I scowled, pointing at her.

"You don't understand what it's like being their daughter!" She swatted my hand away.

"I know I don't but I've put up with far more than you ever will!"

"I don't think you understand how hard it was for me to lie to them Ebony. It was easier for me to tell them that!"

"When has anything ever been easy?!"

"I don't understand why you're so upset! You didn't get hurt!"

"I'm upset because best friends don't lie to each other, Renée!"

"One lie, one!"

"Exactly! What happened to 'We are in it together', huh?"

"Oh get over yourself, you're far from perfect!" She rolled her eyes at me.

"And you are?" I laughed at her and she crossed her arms.

"One lie, Ebony, it was to keep them off my back! I'm sorry if it upset you but I done it for our own good."

"You're right." I looked away from her "I am upset. But I'm calling you out, your little innocent act is bullshit." I sassed her.

"Oh don't give me that, you're the one acting innocent!" She prodded my shoulder roughly "Let's not forget last summer!" She raised her voice and suddenly I was very aware of Harry's presence.

"Don't touch me." I growled through my teeth, grabbing her hand and forcing it off my shoulder.

"Oh, hit a nerve there?" She pouted "How would our new friends think about you--"

"Shut your dirty little mouth!" I yelled, screwing my face up at her "You're a bitch!"

"You're the bitch!" She screamed in my face.

"Don't bother talking to me again! You can shove our friendship and fake fiancé were the sun don't shine!" I yelled even louder. We both let out frustrated puffs of air.

I stomped off into my room.

"Fucking idiot."