20!

♔Chapter 20♔

Ebony's POV

I dragged my feel as I walked, at a painfully slow speed. to my bedroom to get prepared for this 'Adventure'. I was thrilled to have the chance to actually see London, instead of getting lost of course. I decided it would be best to call Renée and inform her about it, just as I reached for it, my phone rang before I was able to retrieve it.

I creased my eyebrows in confusion, answering the anonymous caller.

"Hello?"

"Hello this is Ms. Langley, from the Royal London Hospital, I'm calling on behalf of Miss. Renée Patrickson. I'm looking for a Ebony Van-Houston?" My heart dropped and my stomach did a 180, gulping, I spoke up.

"This is she." I gripped the phone tighter, hoping this wasn't what I thought it was.

Ah, Hello, we have a Miss Patrickson here. She has been in car accident." My breath hitched, mouth going dry "Would you be able to--"

"What's the name?" I cut her off urgently.

"The Royal London Hospital."

"I'm on my way, thank you!" I blabbered before rushing around and getting ready, I was panting madly and my heart was beating the hardest it possibly could in a situation like that.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I threw a couple if notes towards the driver, probably overpaying him, and rushed out of the taxi and through the automatic doors.

I sprinted towards the reception, gripping onto the receptions desk sharply.

"I'm here for Renée Patrickson." I rushed, trying to catch my breath.

"Name?" The lady asked lifelessly.

"Ebony Van-Houston." I watched as she typed several things on the computer, ignoring my urgency.

"Room 225." She mumbled and shouted for me to slow down as I dashed towards the stairs. I didn't have time for her, let alone the lifts.

I skidded through the endless halls, my trainers squeaking against the newly polished floor. I counted the numbers, soon finding myself in the hundreds.

"222, 223, 224... Ah!" After colliding into another person, and flew backwards. I grunted and propped myself up on my elbows.

"Damn it." A girly voice wined, I looked in the direction.

"Oh god, are you okay?!" I scrabbled to my knees crawling over to her.

"Peachy." She smiled sarcastically and held her bleeding nose that I must of head butted on the way down. I tried to hold back a smirk once I'd sensed the familiar sasiness to me. I stood to my feet, helping her up too.

I looked around, spotting a toilet close by, I led her towards the door while she let out annoyed groans now and then. I began pulling out tons of toilet paper, throwing it in her direction.

"Eh! It's going everywhere!" I squealed, still throwing tissue at her.

"Quit it!" She laughed, her voice sounding strange from holding her nose, I looked over at her. She was holding a mountain of tissue.

"Well, you won't run out." I grinned, putting the extras in the bin "Ebony." I smile putting my hand out to shake.

"Uh..." She looked at her bloody hand and looked back at me, sending me a shy smile "Nicolle." I returned a smile, putting my hand back.

"Sorry about that." I apologized while pointing at her nose.

"Sorry about that." She raised her brow pointing back at me, I squinted at her and turned to look in the mirror. I gasped as I pulled my hair from my face, revealing a bruise.