Chapter 24!!

♡Chapter 24♡

Ebony's POV

I closed the door of the bathroom carefully. As far as I knew; I was to only one awake, so there was no harm in having a quick bath before they did begin to stir. I turned the faucets on and sat at the edge of the bath, swirling my hand through the rising water.

Baths were soothing, they relaxed you after a hard day at work- Except, I have no work. Surely living off my savings was doing me no good? I knew that I needed to move on, as much as I was looking forward to that job, I needed to start looking else-where.

Maybe a grocery shop? A bar? I'd always wanted to have a job at a bar, sliding the pints across the counter to the customers, flirting with the cute ones that came in. However, I'd had my fair share of bar... Incidences, the amount of violence one building could create is outrageous.

The bath reached the perfect level so I turned the faucet back off and got undressed, ready to get in. I turned to step in and caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. I looked like death. Pure and utter death. I had a few grazes on my face,a massive bruise on my shin, a black eye and the cut on my face. Like I said; Pure death.

My jaw could have touched the floor, I couldn't believe the sight in front of me. I ripped my eyes away from the mirror and finally climbed into the tub, sighing a breath of relief.

I dunked my head under the water, holding my breath and watching as the small bubbles floated graciously around the clear water. My hair waved about along with the bubbles, almost looking as if it was copying their movements.

My lungs started to ache from lack of oxygen, I shot up and took a gasp of air in, as I sat the water dripped from my now soaked hair. I rubbed my eyes and let the remains of my leftover makeup smudge slightly.

I did the usual routine but took slightly longer and let my fingertips massage my sore head. I had a painfully headache, it was as if an elephant was breakdancing in my head. Painful, yeah.

I stepped out of the bath and wrapped myself in the soft towel, shimmying my feet on the bathmat.

I tensed as a vibration from behind scared me, I looked to find my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Miss Ebony Van-Houston?"