21!!

♡Chapter 21♡

Ebony's POV

The taxi drove off, leaving us at the doors of my building, Harry held the door open door Renée and I politely. I made a split-second eye contact with him but looked away just as quickly.

It didn't take long for us to get to the apartment, I let Renée walk in first, I knew I needed to talk to Harry sooner or later.

"You coming?" Renée asked, holding the door for the two of us, I shook my head.

"We just need to talk quickly, give us a minute?" I said in a soft voice. She nodded, closing the door behind her. That left just Harry and I in the hallway. Alone.

I let out a breath.

"What the hell was that Ebony?" He shouted in a hushed tone, I looked down at the floor. Ashamed.

"Harry, I have a past." I whispered.

"So you're secretly a psychopath?" He scoffed, I screwed up my face and shook my head.

"No, Harry, you need to understand that I'm not that person anymore."

"So who are you? Fill me in. Enlighten me!"

"Don't you get it? I don't want you to think of me like that. I'm not that girl."

"So back there when you beat the shit out of that girl, that wasn't you? Do you have a stunt double?!" He began raising his voice, obviously loosing his temper.

"Harry I came here to get away from who I was! Why should I have to explain myself to you?!"

"So you're going to pretend that never happened?!"

"I can try!"

"No you can't! Just tell me what's going on!"

"Ugh! You're impossible!"

"You can't talk!"

"I don't see why you need to know about who I used to be. Can't you see how hard I'm trying to change?!"

"So you think I'm gonna let this slide?!"

"Of course not! You're... You!"

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Just.. You want to know things that you don't need to know!"

"Just tell me!" He shouted., I stared at him in disbelief.

"Why are you trying so hard?"

"Because.. I..." We stood in silence.

"I don't want you... Or the others... To look at me differently." I whispered, mainly to myself "I don't think my heart could take it."

"Everyone has a past Ebony." He came closer, resting his hand on my cheek.

"I used to live in this town, with a wealthy family. I didn't fit in. I was surrounded by all these people, snobs, they let money rule them. I had two friends; Renée and... Isabelle." I closed my eyes "We would go out to parties around bad estates. We didn't care about what people thought of us, only alcohol.. Drugs and boys. It was the same every night; Party, drink, sleepover. One night... After a party..."

•-•Flashback•-•

"I'm driving!" I called, stumbling towards my car.

"Shotgun!" Isabelle gasped, attempting to run to the passenger door, we all hopped in cheerfully.

"I love vodka!" Renée ginned from the backseat.

"Agreed!" I laughed, maybe a bit too much since I was so wasted. I stared the car and drove away from the party, taking the long way to Isabelle's house.

I drove recklessly down the empty streets, blasting music around the car. I was definitely speeding but I wasn't worried in my drunken state.

"Don't ya' wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" Isabelle belted.

"Don't ya' wish girlfriends was a freak like me?" I sang along with her.

"Don't ya'?" Renée finally joined in, all singing in a seductive voice. We sang along together, Isabelle took off her belt and started dancing making us laugh hysterically. The song ended shortly after and she flopped back on the chair as we tried to regain our breathing.

I was still speeding but I felt a little nauseous so I slowed our speed and pulled over and got out, I was immediately sick.

"Guess I'm driving!" Isabelle laughed, helping me into her seat and climbing into the drivers.

"You don't have a--"

"Who cares? We're already breaking the law anyway, we're fine!" She grinned, not bothering with her belt, she began to speed.

"Be careful, Izz." Renée warned, Isabelle turned to face the back.

"We're still alive, are we not?" She sassed, turning back after Renée shut up.

"Watch out!" I screamed, covering my eyes as we crashed. The car swerved off the road, flipping over. I could hear Renée panting, and I removed my hands from my face. The car was on its side, leaving the passenger side facing the sky and the drivers the floor. My belt was digging into my neck and I couldn't feel my legs.

"Is everyone okay?" Renée groaned, I mumbled in reply but Isabelle didn't answer. I squinted towards the drivers seat, shoving her shoulder, she wore no belt and she was flopped down lifelessly bleeding.

"Isabelle." I whispered, voice cracking as I shook her. I was in agony but all I could focus on was Isabelle. Her eyes cracked open slightly.

"I feel dizzy." She whispered, touching her head.

"Isabelle?" Renée cried, Isabelle reached for me and I took her hand.

"We're okay." Isabelle sighed, her eyes drooping.

"Stay awake, I'm calling for help." Renée assured us.

"No." I stopped her "Can you smell that?"

"Shit, get out!" Renée panicked, unbuckling her seat. I unbuckled mine and smashed the window with my heel. I climbed out, as did Renée, I held out my hand for Isabelle but she stayed still. Eyes drifting closed.

"Izzie! Come on!" I held out my hand urgently.

"Bonnie." She mumbled her nickname for me.

"Isabelle, come on!" I cried "We need to get out."

"I feel dizzy Bonnie." I grabbed her arm and pulled her up with all my might, Renée helped. We fell down, letting out grunts. I dragged Isabelle by her arms, away from the wreck, I soon lost all energy.

"Come on!" Renée panicked, now dragging Isabelle as I crawled. Renée gasped as the car exploded, I flopped onto my back next to Isabelle.

"Bonnie? Ree?" Isabelle whispered, I sat up looking at her, my breath hitched.

"Izzie?!" I cried out, holding her face.

"I love you girls, and vodka." She smiled as we giggled with tears down our faces "Promise me that you'll go live, like we always dreamed?" She whispered, holding out her pinkie and showing her tattoo.

"We Promise." Renée and I cried as we entwined our pinkies together.

She smiled and her eyes fluttered closed, her hand dropped, all I could do was sob as Renée and I cuddled into our best friends chest.

•-•Flashback•-•