Encountering Trouble

A/N: HI GUYS! I'm so sorry for not updating any sooner!!! It's been almost 11 months, and all I can say is that so much went on during those 11 months. My younger sibling passed away 4 months ago, and just last week, he would have been 18 years old. It was already rough with me finishing up my third year of college, and then this happened.

Anyways, I can gladly say that now that it's summer, I should have some more time to continue this fanfic, and work on my actual novel! Hooray! Here's Chapter 50, and I'd like to dedicate it to everyone who has followed me, stayed with me, and continued to believe in me. Thank you all <3

--------------------  

            "Home sweet home," I muttered under my breath as I stood at the unloading carousel. My cherry colored irises flitted over the brown and black baggage, pausing when it finally landed on a mint-green luggage with stickers covering it. My hands reached out to grab it, but before I could, it was snatched right from under my fingers. Startled, I whipped my head up, only to meet familiar brown eyes and a beaming smile.

"Hehe, kon'nichiwa, Masami-sama!"

"Seji-chan!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around the taller girl. She squealed with excitement, wrapping her arms around my waist. "I haven't seen you in a while!"

"I just got back from Florida in the States," explained Seji, motioning towards her duffle bag she has hoisted on her shoulder. "I heard your otou-san moved you guys back to California." She quirked an eyebrow at me, "But apparently it isn't true."

"I'll tell you about it on the way to the Winter Cup," I offered. "I'm already running late since my flight just arrived too." A knowing gleam shone in my friend's eye as she nodded.

"Sure thing! Let me call my driver and he can pick take us over to the venue immediately." She whipped out her phone and dialed her chauffer's number.

"Daisuke-san! Can you pick us up from the airport? My flight landed not too long ago," Seji greeted her driver. "You're already on your way? Awesome! We'll wait for you outside! Thanks!" With that, she ended her phone call and glanced at me. Taking her silent cue, we both hoisted our bags up higher on our shoulder and grabbed our luggage, heading out towards the front of the airport.

"So tell me what I've been missing out on?" Curiosity was laced throughout her tone, causing me to glance over at her.

"My dad moved us to California, claiming that I needed to focus more on my dancing and piano instead of playing basketball. I didn't want to go because that would have meant I would have to leave all my friends behind once again. I was tired of moving, that I tried to convince my dad to let me stay behind until the Winter Cup was finished. However, he was adamant about us moving, so he had all of our stuff packed us by the time I got home," I began. "As much as I had begun to enjoy my time on the west coast, I didn't feel complete. It was like I was missing something. That something was fulfilling my promise to my onii-chan. You know the one about us making it in Japan?"

Seji nodded, recalling the time when I told her about my brother's passing away. "Of course, it was a really important promise."

"I knew I had to come back to Japan. I had to come back for my team, my friends, and for my onii-chan. I wasn't going to leave before I could finish my promise," I vowed. I felt a hand gently grasp my arm, startling me out of my monologue. I looked down at the hand on my arm, following it until it connected to Seji's shoulder before observing her expression.

"I believe in you, Masami-sama. You have friends who support you, so no matter what, don't you dare give up."

With a watery grin, I choked out a laugh. "Just who do you think I am?"