I Don't Want To Go Home

A/N: Alright guys! Chapter 23 here! Ok, so I know I keep asking you guys to do this, yet none of you do. I'm feeling really hurt and disappointed at the fact that no one voted for me in the KnB_WattyAwards. Like, I know that I write for fun because it's what I love to do - in fact, this is going to be my minor. I love writing and reading all those notifications saying that someone left me a really nice comment, how they added this fanfic to their reading list and voted for it. I see all of these and they really make me happy. I'm just asking for you all to vote once. Just once. In case someone of you meant to vote but didn't, let me tell you how to do it.

1. Search for: KnB_WattyAwards

2. Look for the book that they published. Click on it.

3. Go to the chapter: Others

4. Scroll all the way down to the comments sections and type: Dreaming On by royal_purple153

And that's how you vote! Voting closes by the end of May, and I really want this. Please do this for me, and I will be the happiest person on Earth until my graduation comes (June 4th! Woot!) I will still be giving out dedications to whatever available chapter you choose. Seriously. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Aomine slowly dribbled the ball in front of Kise. “Whatever you do, the results won’t change!” With that, Aomine ran past the unfocused Kise, running faster than he did in the first quarter. As Aomine descended to dunk the ball, Kasamatsu was underneath the net. It’s going to be a foul on Aomine!

            The tanned giant’s eyes widened in realization, but it was too late. He dunked the ball down, knocking Kasamatsu in the process.

            “Tweet! Charging! Black No.5!” The referee shouted out. I gasped, surprised that Kasamatsu didn’t back away from the charging bull. Kagami glanced over at me. He opened his mouth to say something, but he quickly turned away, focusing on the game. I watched as Kise tried to stop Aomine again to an extent. Aomine easily passed Kise without a second glance, pulling off a lay-up.

            Down on the court, Kise was panting heavily, hands on his hips, his body heaving up and down. Kise… I spared a glance at Aomine who was jogging back to his position. Damn it… I clenched my hands in my lap, feeling the undeniable admiration for Aomine and the anger for his cruel style of playing.

            “It’s probably what you are thinking,” Kuroko interrupted my thoughts. “Kise-kun is trying to copy Aomine’s style of playing.”

            Hyuga turned around to face Kuroko, “Can he do that?”

            “Kise-kun can only copy what he can do. He cannot copy anything he can’t do,” he explained. Seirin leaned towards Kuroko, wanting to hear more.

            “To put it simply, he’s just a fast learner,” Riko simplified it. "He can’t recreate the movements of NBA players or anyone better than himself.” I nodded my head, understanding her explanation. That would explain why he can’t copy Aomine, but…

            “But if he’s trying to do something, it means he believes he can do it,” I reasoned. Just as the buzzer rang, Imayoshi threw the ball into the air, going for the buzzer beater.

            “There’s no way he’ll make it!” Izuki gasped. I rubbed my temples, feeling a pounding sensation in my head. No, the ball will go in… Imayoshi’s three-pointers hardly ever miss. Swish.