Bitterness

A/N: Today's my first day back at school! Thank goodness there aren't any labs for the first week because I would've had to wake up preeeeetty early... I have some time to kill before my 5:10pm class, so I managed to finish the next chapter! Whoo! 

Don't forget to vote and comment! Those two make me really happy :)

----------------------------

Thanks to @Dahlialove for being the 200th follower!!!! :) 

----------------------------

        “For better or for worse, we only have three games left,” Koganei sighed.

        “The Winter Cup preliminaries went by in a flash,” added Furihata. I guess Hyuga didn’t like what he heard since he interjected, “What are you idiots talking about? It’s just the opposite. We’re just getting started.” I smiled, feeling the familiar rush of adrenaline.

        “Have you forgotten? Only eight schools out of over three hundred from the summer have been allowed to participate. In other words, the Winter Cup preliminaries began with the Inter-High preliminaries,” Riko reminded us. The words rolled around in my mind before I spoke up, “So it’s one long qualifier that’s been going on since this summer, right?”

        “Yeah. Our first opponent in the championship league is Senshinkan,” Hyuga continued. “We’ve lost to them twice already. Let’s win this time!”

        “Hai!” We all chorused. I felt Kuroko tap my shoulder, gaining my attention before calling out to Kagami.

        “Kagami-kun, will you help me practice my new drive?” A new drive? Since when?

------------------------------------

        The two of us followed Kuroko to an empty basketball court, piping my curiosity.

        “What the hell? You still haven’t finished that?” Kagami retorted, surprise expressed on his face.

        “Wait, since when?” I asked. “Since when did you have a new drive, Kuroko?”

        “I’ve been working on it for some time. Just before the Winter Cup preliminaries.” Kuroko’s monotonous voice responded casually. I narrowed my eyes at him, feeling a bit hurt that he didn’t show me before-hand. I shouldn’t feel neglected…I have been pretty busy with everything, so I can’t really complain.

        “Masami-chan,” Kuroko called out, bringing me out of the depths of my mind. “Can you watch and give me some pointers?” I nodded my head. I watched as Kuroko bounce the ball with his right hand as Kagami positioned himself in front of the shorter male, defending the basket. Seeing Kuroko switch the ball over to his left, Kagami crouched down, arms spread.

        The same feeling dawned on me – my heart stuttered for a moment as I felt something extraordinary was going to happen. My pink eyes focused in on Kuroko and his posture. The blood rushed to my ears as I couldn’t hear anything but the pounding in my ears. Then, it happened. Kuroko rushed forward, determination blazing in his calm, blue eyes. It happened in a flash, causing me to doubt myself if it really had happened, but I knew it did.

        Kuroko appeared on the other side of Kagami, continuing his path towards the basket, leaving the red-haired giant frozen behind. Amazing, if he can pull this off, it will be an unstoppable drive. Even if the opponents can see him coming, there is no way they can stop Kuroko. However, I was broken out of my trance when the ball slipped from Kuroko’s hand.