2. Surprise Surprise

Jessie's POV

Jessie's POV

I stumbled out of the Rolls Royce, thanks to the heels that were six inches tall. Diane was extra persistent about me wearing them because she thought that nothing could beat a killer pair of black studded Louboutine heels.

In return, I got a dissaproving look from my grandma as she continued muttering about being lady-like and having to teach me about it. Jamie on the other hand just rolled her eyes at my clumsiness and trailed behind grandma to the huge mansion in front of me.

The mansion was extremely huge but who am I kidding, the Parks was one of the wealthiest family in the country. The mansion gave off a classic yet modernised vibe, it seemed like it had been here since several generations back then and had been renovated several times to keep up with the booming minimalistic designs although the perfectly carved pillars and the huge and tall vintage gate were still perfectly intact, giving off the perfect balance of vintage and modern look.

Landon's father approached us with a friendly smile as he paid several greetings to us and was now in an easy-going conversation with my father.

His grandma was examining me from head to toe and when our eyes met, she gave me a smile which to me, seemed like an approval. Then she did the same thing to Diane before walking towards her and engaging her in a conversation.

I was caught off guard by Landon's playful nudge. He looked handsome, as usual and for the first time ever, he was dressed neatly without sporting any loose tie or rolled up sleeves like he usually would at school. His black dress shirt made him look older and he paired them with a pair of casual posh-looking jeans which turned his outfit into a more casual one. His blue eyes were always gleaming with amusement and playfullness and the smirk on his full lips never failed to irk me yet made me feel awed by how well he looked whenever they quirked upwards.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I don't think we're close enough for you to do that."

He rolled his eyes at my blunt remark.

"Sorry." He apologised with no hints of guilt on his light and crisp tone.

"My grandma can be scary sometimes, but she's nice once she warms up to you." He reminded me in a hushed whisper in an attempt to comfort me as my eyes traveled to Landon's grandpa who was approaching us.