3. Bad Feelings

Jessie's POV

Jessie's POV

"Everything remained the same." The girl, who I loathed most commented as she scanned around the room with her blue eyes before turning to look at me.

My gaze hardened and I didn't even try to hide my scowl but because of her dense brain, Nadine walked towards me with a sickening sweet smile plastered on her face. I scowled at her, my glare drilling holes into her face in hopes that she would be gone right in that moment.

"I am genuinely sorry for everything, Jess." She muttered, her face full of sadness but her tone was flat and devoid of that certain feeling which was guilt.

"Don't call me Jess." I snapped, still glaring at her.

"Why is she here?" I turned to ask my grandpa who was watching our exchange with a face full of dissapointment.

"She'll be staying here starting from today. Please be nice to Nadine, she should at least feel welcomed in here." My grandpa retorted, shooting a dissaproving look at my way.

"After what she's done to me?" I scoffed, disbelived.

"She apologised, Jessie." He sighed.

Of course, he would defend her. She was his favourite grandchild afterall.

I let out a humourless chuckle before tearing my gaze away from my grandpa and turning to look at Nadine who was looking at me with her puppy eyes.

She reached out her hand for me to shake. After all she had done to me, a sorry would never suffice. First, she had made fun of my weight, throwing several jabs about my heavy weight my way and I had ignored them like a fly until she decided another low move by calling my mother a 'slut'. That resulted in us getting involved in a cat fight but thanks to my jiu jitsu lessons, I only ended up with an ugly scratch on my face whilst Nadine was sent to the hospital for a fractured neck. And then, she was sent back to France by my grandpa.

"Sorry." She said, her pale blue eyes teasing me.

I stared at her hand for several seconds, my eyes hard and my lips in a perfect scowl.

"Fuck off." I spat before walking away.

As I was walking to my room, I passed my father's study and heard a loud argument coming from the room.

"It's unfair! After what that girl had done to us, especially to Jessie and never forget when she called mom nasty names! Why in the world are you letting her stay here again?" I heard Jamie complained.

The door was firmly shut but because of the loud boom of the argument, I was able to make out the words loud and clear.

"Your grandpa's brought her here. We cannot do anything about it and besides, I believe Jessie is way pass that, she moved on." My father replied in his usual steady and calm tone.