14. Rebellion

Jessie's POV

The posh restaurant was filled with relaxing music and soft chatters of customers.

Everyone in this room was dressed elegantly, even our teachers were dressed up. We were assigned a private room with one long table in the middle. The crystal chandelier hunged at the ceiling as soft glare of the light illuminated the room, adding a gothic edge to the vibe.

All the stares were directed to Hira and I as we entered the room making me feel extremely uneasy. Hira on the other hand, was walking with her head high and a small trace of smirk which radiated off her clearly showed off her confidence.

I was sat in between Hira and Landon and right across from me was where Kaya was seated, much to my dismay. She looked off and extremely unhappy when her eyes studied the small crowd of students as they were chattering about a certain topic. It was about Hira and I, the students were unsubtley conveying their envy of our dresses.

The chattering was still strongly going on when the food was served and I was able to fully ignore them by devouring the food until a statement made by Kaya silenced the students and teachers.

"So, I see you're doing well now, Jess." She batted her falsies at my way, sending a sickening feel of artificial innocence she had successfully potrayed.

"I don't see why you're interested in my wellbeing." I coldly replied, not bothering to hide the disgust in my tone.

"Of course, I care for you, Jess. We were old friends." She replied, her smile unfaltering.

I frown, not bothering to give a reply.

"I'm wondering since you're eating so well." She eyed the juicy steak on my plate before her eyes flickered to me in an instant.

"Have you gotten over your, eating disorder or anorexia, they're the same right?" She asked and in that exact moment, her words shot me in every way possible.

Nadine, who was seated beside her turned pale as her eyes diverted to me, fear was evident in her eyes.

Kaya was innocently smiling at me, a hint of small smirk played on her lips as if she was satisfied about the reactions in the room. Students turned to look at me, with their mouths hanging open with shock. And the teachers were not taking actions as they were busy chatting amongst themselves.

"Are you that low to reveal something like this?!"  Landon snapped, his breathing was ragged and his jaw was clenched tight. It was the very first time I had seen Landon this way. And damn, he looked scary.

"Since you've revealed a part of Jessie's secret diary, can I reveal yours?" James unexpectedly pipped up surprising everyone.

Kaya snarled and glared at James, rage and fear was present in her eyes, as her lips curled into a deep scowl.

"Nice isn't it? To have two knights in shining armour." It was directed towards me.

Sudden bitchiness took over me as I smirked and looked straight into her dark brown eyes, this made her even angrier as her frown deepened.

"Jealous are you?"  I laughed at her, earning several looks from the students.

This resulted to Kaya growling in frustration as she stood up from her chair and walked off the room with a huge frown etched on her face.

"Get out of my way!" She shouted pushing off the waiter who was having a hard time balancing the tray of drinks on his hands.

And at this exact moment, the teachers decided to act although it was too late, the timing was just unmatching.