26. Is This The End?

Jessie's POV

Exams were finally over which was a huge relief for almost every students in Kyde Private. I knew for a fact that most parents of the students had extremely high expectations of their children and the fact that almost everyone of them never really left the school library to study was enough.

I walked side by side with Landon who was convinced that he had aced his physics test earlier.

Landon and I were thankfully not on awkward terms after our exchange after he had acted oddly because both of us didn't bother to bring up the topic. We acted normally and pretended that awkward exchange didn't happen.

"I'm sure you'll ace it too because I'm the one who taught you." He arrogantly stated while flashing me his grin.

"Don't get your hopes up, Landon. Maybe my brain suddenly crashes during the exam due to the five hours of studying with you." I argued, casting him a challenging look and sporting a lazy smile.

"Let's see then, when the result are out." He remarked as he put his arm protectively around me while we walked out of the classroom.

"Let's celebrate!" Edward shouted which caused several students to eye him warily.

"I'll see you tonight." Landon whispered as he sneaked a kiss on my cheek before walking away, leaving Edward with his mouth wide agape.

"What?" I asked the shocked looking Edward.

"You guys are so cute!" Edward squeeled before grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of the school and to the parking lot to find Hira who was standing beside Edward's car with a frown on her face.

"You guys take forever." She said.

"I've been waiting for this day since even before exams started." She finished before entering Edward's white Audi.

My familiar ringtone was heard and I accepted the call immediately.

"Jessie?" Diane's voice echoes through my phone.

"Yeah?"

"You have to come home right now! We have no time to lose-

"What? Why?" I asked totally confused by her sudden outburst.

"The Parks sent us an invitation. We're invited to the family dinner tonight, you have to get ready!" She spoke and I could feel her fiery excitement through my phone.

"Bu-

"I'm on the parking lot now." She said.

"I spotted you. Get it the car! And we'll spend the rest of the day at the spa and the saloon." She said and a loud honk from a familiar black Maserati was heard.

Edward casted a confused look towards me and Hira was shaking her head in a dissapointment.

"Go on, Jess. It's an emergency, right?" Hira gave me a sorry look while Edward seemed like he was about to throw out tantrums as the idea slolwy registred in his mind.

"This is our tradition! You're not-

"Sorry, Edward." I sighed shaking my head at the dead-end choice given by Diane.

"There's going to be a dinner in the Parks' household, I'm sure it's about the engagement." I explained, giving them a bitter look.

"And I couldn't do anything with Diane's stubburn ass when It comes to getting ready." I sighed and burried my face with both of my cold hands.

"Okay then." Edward shot me a sad look but his face glowed out of the sudden and his frown was replaced by an ironic smirk.

"You should totally wear that Zuhair Murad dress that I showed you earlier! Promise?"