24. Two Kinds of Therapy Pt 2

Jessie's POV

Edward and Hira were filled with tears as they bawled their eyes out while sipping their wines. I was too immersed in drinking my wine and hearing the background noises of the movie to pay attention to the movie as my mind whirled around the randomness of things, like 'do heaven exist?' Or 'what will happen after we die?'.

The credits finally rolled around so I decided to turn off the TV and turned to look at my two friends who were still crying.

"You're heartless, Jessie." Edward retorted as he wiped his tears away.

"We've watched it like a hundred times, how would you expect me to cry?" I returned.

"You didn't even cry the first time you watched it." Hira piped, rolling her eyes.

"Well, let's just say I'm not easily moved."

"No shit." Edward added before we were interrupted by Edward's familiar ringtone which was the classic Baby One More Time by Britney.

"My mom." He mouthed before accepting the call.

Hira and I exchanged look as we anticipated Edward's and his mother's conversation through the phone which thankfully, by the looks of Edward's expression, went through well.

Edward was nodding and thanking her for understanding and after he said 'I love you' to his mom and finally ended the call, he turned to Hira and I and squeeled happily.

"What did she say?"

"Well, she thought I was crying about it from the sound of my voice and he told me to go home right away." He finished with a smile on his face.

"How about your dad?" I asked.

"My mother told me that he's finally trying to accept the fact that I'm gay and he acted on impulse, he didn't meant what he said by threatening to disown me. My mother on the other hand, is very supportive about it." He said before we engulfed him with a hug.

A familiar honk was heard in the front lawn before I noticed that it was Landon's Aston Martin. The windows were rolled down revealing the grinning Landon as he demanded me to get into his car. I went out of the door and tightened my cardigan instantly as the cold breeze brushed past me and I decided to run to Landon's car before hopping into the passenger seat.

"Cold?" He asked me and when I nodded he turned on the heater before stepping on the gas pedal.

The heater was slowly working and it was starting to feel warmer but I realised my hand still tightened on my grey cashmere cardigan and I noticed that it was mainly because of the tingling of my stomach that I was starting to feel everytime I was with Landon. I couldn't help but notice how his presence held such power to affect me this way but I guess it was the alcohol playing tricks on my mind so I decided to throw my lingering thoughts away from my brain.

"Too warm?" He asked.

Heck, now even his husky voice had the power to make my stomach feel like it was constantly doing backflips.

"No." I shook my head at his sudden question and turned to look at him with confused eyes.

"Then why are your cheeks so red, Jessie?" He chuckled as he let his eyes skimmed around my face and I could detect the slightest affection in his eyes when his fingers gentley brushed my heating cheeks.

"Is it because of my presence?" He joked and knowing that he was right, I flushed even more which caused his lips to break into his signature smirk.

"I'm honoured." He retorted, his eyes grew playful and his smirk grew wider, causing his dimple to look more prominent especially with the lightning.