5. Power Hug

Jessie's POV

Jessie's POV

I avoided Landon the whole day but deeply knew that meeting him and having to talk to him about it would be inevitable.

I had been dreading for the bell to ring as I tried to focus on what my teacher was explaining and then much to my dismay, the loud classical chime of the bell was heard, signaling that it was time to go home.

I walked slowly out of the classroom in a weak attempt to delay my meeting with Landon but I was greeted by Hira's excited-looking expression before I was dragged to the bathroom by her.

She gave me an indreculous look as she held both of my hands tightly.

"Is the rumour real?" She asked, her eyes wide with pure curiousity as I fidgeted with a clear distinct of uneasiness which she ignored.

"Please tell me that it's all just a bunch of bullshit." She said but her tone had suggested otherwise because she had a feeling that it was all real.

"It's true, we're enggaged. Well, almost actually. It's a planned enggagement by the way." I retorted while hoping that she would not express her annoyance of not being informed about the matter beforehand.

"Oh my god!" She shrieked.

"Why didn't you tell me, you jerk!" Her loud voice echoed through the toilet.

Thank god, it was empty.

"I was planning to tell you but-"

"You just had to show your attitude to Kaya." She finished for me.

"Yeah." I muttered although it wasn't the complete truth because I just didn't know how to respond.

And then all of the sudden, I was embraced in a hug by the giggling Hira.

Talk about mood swings.

"I'm proud of you!" She squeeled cheerfully and smiled with her eyes.

"You didn't let her get to you." She pointed out after breaking away.

"And you're not affected by what she said." She said again but there was a hesitation in her harmless tone, like she was unsure about what she was saying but wanted it to be real.

"Yeah." It tasted bitter coming out from my mouth.

It was a lie and judging from Hira's sudden change of expression, she knew that I was lying.

"We never talked about your- erm, struggles until today. Ed and I know that you're still hurting, even after you stopped visiting your psychologist." She explained and her grin slowly dissolved before it was replaced by a small frown.

I looked on the ground, unable to look at her because the feeling of vulnerability itself was hard for me to accept let alone allowing someone to witness me in my most vulnerable state. I hated it because vulnerable meant weak and that time, I believed that being weak would never get you anywhere in this cruel and dark world.