7. Messy is never hot

Jessie's POV

I was working on my homework when my door was flung open by Nadine. She walked to my direction and examined my papers before turning to look at my face which was devoid of any emotions excluding from hate.

She ignored my scowl and chuckled.

"So, how was your day?" She asked me as she examined her perfectly manicured fingernails.

"Fuck off." I retorted before turning to complete my homework.

"Can you please be a kind human being and tell me about your friend, James?" She asked me, her face turned serious instantly and a sudden crimson shade appeared on her cheeks.

"You can ask someone else. Now, get out." I pointed at my door as I turned around to face her, waiting for her to walk out of the room.

"I can't believe you can be so selfish." She frowned and walked to the direction of the door.

I turned around to my homework and ignored her response.

"And shut the door." I said.

She slammed the door with so much force that it caused me to flinch in reflex.

That girl never failed to annoy me.

"Jessie! Wake up! We're going to be late!"

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself sprawled on my pink furry sofa with my maths homework on my lap.

I rushed to the bathroom and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth before tying my hair up into a high ponytail and left my face bare before grabbing my maths homework, shoved them into my bag and went downstairs.

A bowl of fresh cesar salad was on top of the dining table served specially for me by our cook. Jamie was halfway done with her cereal and Nadine was already in the living room chatting with grandpa.

I ate the salad and drank my skimmed milk in a rush before I was interrupted by Jamie's stare.

I turned to face her and raised an eyebrow at her.

"I hope you're alright." She told me.

"What?" I gave her a look as I was taken aback by her sudden retort.

"Mentally." She finished before standing up and walking out of the dining area.

I shook my head at her words but did not acknowledge it although deep down, I knew what she meant. I did not want to stress of her words as it would only do more harm than good.

I slipped on my black leather Steve Madden boots before walking out of the door and went inside the passenger seat of Jamie's car.

There was no music, typical Jamie. She preferred silence than music.

I took out my maths homework and started to work on it on the ride.

"You're such a nerd, Jess." Nadine spoke, breaking the silence.

"Don't call me Jess." I reminded her bitterly. I hated the way she called my nickname, it sounded like she was making fun of me.

"Such a bitch." I heard her mutter but all I did was to ignore her and continued to work on my homework.

Just as I was done with the homework, Jamie parked her car at her usual spot in the school's parking lot. Kyde private high was known for its parking lot which was always filled with luxurious cars. The front row on the parking lot was reserved for the popular kids only, Jamie included and the rows behind were for anyone.